Chapter 21

Tiger Lily's Pov

Tears continued to fall as I kissed the dead boy. I slowly pulled away from his lips, laying my head on his chest and holding him close. If I knew better about my power-If I kept more of a careful eye on the dagger, none of this would have happened. Peter would still be alive and we would be together. We would have. I had never met anyone that was afraid to die. No matter how brave the outside of them looked like, I knew that they contained fear inside. Peter, was afraid and he knew it. Peter was afraid of death. Peter was afraid of looking weak. Peter was afraid of becoming heartbroken, again. And I? I was afraid of losing the people I loved most.

"Oh Peter, I'm so sorry. I love you so much," I sobbed and squeezed my eyes shut to resist looking at him.

A cool gust of wind blew through the Jolly Roger. Chills shot down my spine and goosebumps appeared on my body. An arm wraps around me and pulls me closer to Peter.

"I love you too," a voice whispered in my ear.

My eyes burst open, my heart pounding in my head. Forest green eyes met my blue ones. Along with a gentle smile. I wrap my arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"Oh Peter!" I exclaimed. He chuckles and hugs me back. I pull away and help him to his feet. "I thought you were dead."

"I would have been dead if you didn't save me," he corrected with a smirk. Peter turns from me to Wendy who was knelt down next to Sebastian.

"Hello, Wendy," he greeted softly.

Wendy looks up from Sebastian to Peter, her eyes a dull, yet gleaming brown. "Hello, Peter," she whispered. They stare at each other for what seemed like forever. Wendy kept darting her eyes from Peter, to me, to Sebastian. "I have to go Peter. I have to go home"

My eyes widen, "why can't you stay?"

Even though I had only known Wendy for a day, it feels like I've known her forever. As if we've grown up together and understood each other. As if we fit together like a puzzle piece. And for some reason, the thought of her leaving, felt like I was being torn in half.

Wendy smiles, "as much as I truly love it here; I have promises to keep. I have to go to my home."

Peter nods his head and walks to her, extending his hand. "Wendy, I must warn you, that when you go back, you will have only certain memories of this place. Also, you will be a lot older than you look right now and it'll be as if you never came to Neverland fifty years ago."

She sighs, "I understand."

Wendy takes his hand, giving him a reassuring nod.

"Close your eyes and think a happy thought," Peter instructed.

Wendy obeys, closing her eyes. "Goodbye boys. Goodbye Tiger Lily. Goodbye Peter."

Peter takes her other hand and closes his eyes as well. "One. Two. Three."

He kissed her forehead and she disappeared, leaving Peter's hands empty. I walk to him and lay my head on the side of his shoulder.

"What about her brothers?" I wondered.

Peter glances down to me, "they will be alive again. They'll never remember Neverland though. Only Wendy will remember the happiest moments of Neverland."

I sigh and look up at the now black sky, "do you think she'll remember me?"

He chuckles at the question, "I bet she will, but her memory of you might not be accurate."

I furrow my brows, "are you saying that she'll create a false memory in her head?"

Peter smirks, "exactly. In her memory, things may be different than what they actually were."

He wraps his arm around me, pulling me close to him. "She shouldn't have said 'goodbye'," Peter whispered as he gazed at the shimmering stars.

"Why not?" I questioned.

He doesn't look at me, but answers "because goodbye means going away, and going away means never coming back."

I sigh, "it's only forever."

I thought about living forever. The word 'forever' itself was something that I couldn't understand. Such a small word that meant eternal life.

A word that defined Peter Pan, the King of Neverland.

But the King was only just a Lost Boy.

And his story was only beginning.....

The End

A/N: I'm literally crying. I finished a fan fiction and it's making me cry. I started this at the beginning of summer and now here we are at the end. Well..... Possibly the end.....
It doesn't seem very likely that I'll start a sequel. I want you all to use your imaginations as to what you think would happen after this. But you never know. Maybe if I get to 200 votes and 5k reads, I'll do a sequel.
No one will know.....
except me.....
Hehehehehehehehehehehe