:7:

-Mark-

Three days later, Friday, I sat with Jack at lunch again. We sat on the gym balcony comfortably in silence. I ate my Pringles that I brought. I tried to offer some to Jack but he declined. I shrugged and went back to myself. I had decided I'd sit with Jack every other day, that is until I convince him to sit in  the cafeteria with my buds. Introducing Jack to them could possibly help his condition of non-smile-itis. That's why I planned the bonfire we were having tonight, complete with the closest of my friends. Bob, Wade, Matt, Ryan, Felix, Danny, and Arin.

"So, Jack. What are you doing this weekend?" I asked after I couldn't bear the silence anymore.

"Probably reading. Or Gaming. Why?" He sighed. Perfect. Free weekend.

"Me and a couple of buddies were gonna come over to my house play some games and play with flaaames!" I sing-songed. He breathed heavily through his nose indicating he thought it was funny. Success.

"When? I might be able to come."

"Around 6 ish." I replied hopeful. 

"I'll see when I get home. Got a number I can message you at?" 

"O-oh. Yeah." I fumbled my phone out of my pocket and handed it to Jack. He handed me his after getting to the phone app. I entered my number and went to save it. After changing the name.

"Markiplier?" He questioned with amusement in his eyes. But not his lips. This was getting frustrating. Just smile already!

"Speak for yourself, 'Jacksepticeye'." I chuckled. He shrugged and stole a chip. 

We chatted lightly until the bell rang. I made my way to my locker and prepared myself for the rest of the day.

-Jack-

My stomach twisted in knots once the final bell went off knowing I'd have to ask my mom to go to Mark's. I spent as much time getting out of the classroom I could to pass the rush of students. My locker was right next to the door so I got my things quickly and went to my usual spot to wait for Mark.

Mark is weird. Was that how he always made friends? Just walks up and says something about their hair? America is weird. But at least I'm not completely alone anymore. Well, technically I am right now, because I'm sitting by myself, but yeah. Not alone.

"Hey Jack." Mark snapped me from my rambling mind. I gave a sort of wave his way. He sat down on the other side of my bench. Well that's new. "Do you know if you're able to come tonight?"

"Uh," I thought for a moment. Why wouldn't my mom let me go? "Yeah, I should be there." After telling him I'd be there, anxiety pooled itself in my stomach. I may have a few problems getting there. 

"Alright, cool." He nodded and went quiet. More awkwardness. "Ah, shit you probably need to know where you're going." Mark said after a couple minutes.

"Yeah, that'd help." He chuckled. He's got a cute laugh. My happy thoughts got canceled out by the thought of having to ask my mother to go.

"I'll text it to you, kay?" He looked at his phone then back at me. "I actually gotta go, so I'll see you tonight."He stood up to leave.

"Yeah. see ya Mark."

"Bye Jack."

He walked out to his car, (Itotallydidn'twatchhisassasheleft) and left the school parking lot.

A few minutes later I saw my mom's car pull in. I picked up my bag and headed out the door. We were about halfway home when I decided to say something.

"Hey, mom?" I attempted to get her attention.

"What honey?" She sighed, not looking away from the road.