:11:

-Mark-

I tried to catch Jack before school the next morning to see how he held up. And also to see what he remembered. That's why I was there about 10 minutes before I usually would be. When I walked in, only Danny, Arin, and Felix were at our spot.

"Ayy! Rooster!" Danny said when he saw me. I almost forgot I dyed my hair. I smiled at his comment and went over to them.

"How do you like it?" Arin asked

"I love it. It's so bright!" I messed with my hair watching the color in the light. They chuckled lightly

"It looks great." Felix commented

We kept light conversation going as more students walked in. Bob and Wade came in, but I didn't see Jack anywhere. I couldn't help but worry. I hope nothing happened last night after I left.

I tried to focus on the conversation but I kept finding myself looking over people's shoulders trying to see if Jack was here. About 5 minutes later, he walked in.

"Jack!" He looked up at me and walked over to the group. Everyone else kept talking to each other. I guess this was my chance to make sure everything was okay.

"You good?" He looked down at the ground. Flashes of last night, his smile, his laugh came to mind. I wished I could see it again.

"Yeah. Sorry I left like that, I-" He stopped to compose his voice better. "There's some memories of home I don't wanna get into..." He was still looking at the ground.

"It's okay. You worried me last night." He looked up at me, confused with a hint of fear. He doesn't remember does he. Of course he doesn't remember! He was completely gone!

"Shit, I called you didn't I?" He looked like he just walked off the edge in a video game. Man I know that feeling.

"Uh yeah. I couldn't really make sense of anything you said though." I lied. I spent a long time thinking about the stuff he said. That is, after being yelled at. I decided he'd feel more comfortable with this answer.

"Sorry about that.." He looked down again blushing slightly.

"It's okay, just. Call me before you do anything next time, okay?" He looked down with a look like, 'You don't want me to bother you.' I sighed and put my hand on his shoulder. "Look, Sean. I don't know everything, but I know I can help. At least let me try."

He looked up at me again, this time with the tiniest bit of hope. I gave him a small smile as the bell rang. I looked back to the group and we all dispersed to our lockers.

~Time skip because I'm too lazy to write the schooldays~

I looked over at Jack periodically durring chemistry. He (of course) had the same stoic face every time. I decided today would be a good day to let Jack eat alone.

I walked in to the lunch room and wasn't sitting down more than five minutes before I was being called.

"Mark, I think Amy wants you." I looked up and over at where wade was gesturing. What did she want? I sighed and got up and sat by her.

~Time skip after school~

-Jack-

I sat anxiously waiting for Mark. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. No. I shouldn't do this. This was a stupid idea. Fuck. He walked in. He sat his pretty self down next to me.

"Hey Jack." He said pulling off his backpack and setting it down on the floor.

"Hey." I swallowed thickly. We sat in silence for a few minutes, and before I could stop myself, I was blurting out words.

"What are you doing for homecoming?" He looked at me with some confusion. Oh crap...

"Well, I wasn't going to go to the dance, but I guess I am now." My eyes went wide and my heart stopped.

"W-What?" I attempted not to stutter.

"Yeah, I'm going with Amy." My heart sank. How could I think he meant me? I'm so stupid.

"Oh. When did you ask her?" I tried to seem interested. All I could think was how stupid I was. I wanted to crawl into my bed and suffocate in the covers.

"I didn't. She actually asked me. Today at lunch" He seemed happy. That killed me. Why can't I be the reason for that smile?

"Cool." I looked out to the parking lot and saw my mom pulling in. I stood up grabbing my bag and headed to the door.

"Hey Jack!" I turned to face Mark. "Text me okay? I worry." His eyebrows were furrowed in said worry. I couldn't do anything but nod my head. I walked away hoping I wouldn't do something stupid tonight.

A/N Sorry for the shorter chapter, I tried to stay on a schedule. I hope to upload by the middle of the week but, there will be some varying degrees of success. School isn't really my problem, it's marching band. Our competition is next weekend and I have to memorize all four songs by next week. >~< Well, thanks for reading, keep bein' a boss, and I'll see you in the next chapter. Buhbuye!

{I hope at least some of you read these...}