:15:

-Mark-

It was New Year's Eve. My dad went out to a New Year's party at his work. Tom was out with his friends. I was bored so I picked up my phone. I called the only person that I really wanted to be around.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jack!"

"Uh, hi Mark. What's up?" He was talking rather quietly but I tried not to make note of it.

"Oh nothing. There's no one home and I'm bored. Wanna see about coming over?" I figured since tomorrow was Sunday he'd be able to come over.

"Uh, sure I'll ask. I'll call you back." I was going today he could just leave the call running, but he hung up before I could. I shrugged and waited for his call. The phone went off not 5 minutes later.

"Hell-oof" Chica decided to jump up onto my bed and lay right accross my stomach.

"You good?" Jack questioned on the other end.

"Yeah, it's just Chica. -Chica go lay down. No, lay down. Oh whatever c'mere.-" The dog snuggled up against me, her head on my chest.

"Sounds great. Well, I'm good to go, so I'm on my way."

"I can come pick you up-"

"No, you're fine, Mark. I can walk" I looked over to my window.

"Jack, it's raining. I'm coming to get you." Before he could protest, I hung up the phone and grabbed my shoes.

I drove over, it barely took 3 minutes.
When I got to the apartment building, Jack was already outside. He was trying to stand under the small awning while staying out of the way of people coming and going. His efforts were useless; he and his bag were soaked.

I pulled up across from the door and motioned for jack to get in. He ducked his head as he walked up to the car. He didn't even wear something with a hood. He sat down and I let out a small laugh.

"Why didn't you wait inside?" I started the car and drove out of the parking lot.

"I don't know."

"Would've been easier on you."

"Well, you wouldn't have known what door to come to if I didn't." I was confused for a moment before I realized I've never been here with a cognitive Jack.

"Right. Thanks I guess?"

We reached my house in little time. When we got there, I took Jack's bags.

"Follow me. You're not staying in those wet clothes." I led him up to my room and pulled out some clothes. A pair of my sweatpants and a T-shirt from Overwatch would work. I stood outside the door for him to change, waiting for him to give me his wet clothes.

The clothes were a bit big on him and they made him look even cuter. Wait. Oh whatever. No denying it. I love Jack. He was freaking adorable in my clothes.

I threw his stuff in the dryer and walked out to see him sitting cross-legged on the couch.

I walked over to the fridge and pulled out bottle of water. "Hey, you want anything?" I called leaning over the counter. He turned around and faced me.

"Got anything to eat?"

"Yeah, whatcha want?"

"Anything I don't care." I shrugged and pulled a bag of chips from a cupboard.

"Hey." Jack turned around again to look at me. I tossed the chips over the counter to him.

He barely caught them before they hit his face. "Dude." He had an unamused face. I chuckled as I walked over to the couch.