:12:

-Jack-

It was Friday. Homecoming was tonight. Mark was still going with Amy. I know I shouldn't be upset, but I am. It wasn't like he was going to go with me anyway. After school he didn't even sit and wait with me. He said he "Had to get ready for the dance." I tried not to show I was upset when I said goodbye. Before he left he asked if I would go to the football game before the dance. I decided he should have the time to be with Amy and said no.

So here I am, sitting alone in my room looking out at the night sky. It was almost time for the dance to start. I jumped when I heard my phone go off. I turned around to see my phone screen lit up on the desk. I grabbed It and read the text from Felix.

Felix: It's not too late to come to the dance with us!

Attached was a picture of him, Marzia, Mark and Amy. I grimaced.

No, that's fine I'd rather not.

Awe. Come on bro!

Felix. I'd rather not. I'd just be depressed the whole time.

Like always.

I sighed and didn't answer. I wanted tell Felix everything. Before I could think, I got another text.

What happened that made you all fed up with this dance?

I thought for a moment and decided I could trust Felix.

Promise you won't hate me.

Sure.

I mean it dude.

Okay. I promise.

My heart was racing as I typed out the words.

I'm queer. ...for Mark.

A couple minutes passed. There was no disco, and I wasn't at it. I was just plain panicking. He hates me. He's gonna tell Mark. My mom will find out and we'll have to move again. Fuck.

I fucking knew it!

What.

What are you, Bi?

Uh, Pan

Am I... Accepted? I've never been accepted before... Except for Signe and... Killian. Felix said he understood that I hurt from seeing Amy with Mark. He had felt the same with Marzia's last boyfriend. He also said he would do anything to 'get this ship sailed' which I immediately begged him not to.

The dance started and he had to go. I was glad I finally had someone other than Signe to talk about this with.

Speaking of her, I texted her what just happened. She seemed excited that I had a new friend, even though I had already known him a while. We stayed up massaging back and forth and I dealt with her teasing of me 'being in love' which I denied.

~The next day~

I woke up late the next day. My mother had already left for work. I got up and felt my stomach wheeze. Today isn't going to be a good day. I didn't bother changing out of my sweatpants since it was Saturday. I walked out into the living room. There were a few dishes and bits of trash scattered around. Mom would probably be mad if she came home to it. I quickly picked up the garbage and took the plates and cups to the kitchen sink. I started some music and washed the dishes.

Once I finished my implied chores, I went back to my room. I sat down on my bed and sighed. My phone went off and I opened my eyes I didn't remember closing. Signe was suggesting a group chat with Felix. I didn't think it was a bad idea, so I created the group. While they were introducing themselves, I got a call. From Mark. 

"Hey Jack!" 

"You seem happy." I laid back on my bed. "How was the dance?"

"Wonderful! Amy is wonderful." He seemed spaced out. It made my stomach drop.

"That's great." I tried to sound happy for him, but I bet I just sounded annoyed. Mark didn't notice either way. The line was silent for a couple minutes as mark went off in his own world.

"Jack. I really like her." 

Now, I never admitted that I loved Mark, but the way I felt made me believe I do. I could almost physically feel my heart shatter for the second time in my life.

"Oh?" my voice shook as I spoke into the phone. I cleared my throat. Mark didn't notice. I didn't pay attention much to the conversation. It was like I was on autopilot. I felt myself answer and respond, but I just felt... empty.

"I'm going to ask her Monday." I heard. 

"Great." I heard myself respond. 

~Monday morning~

I walked in the school. I dreaded it, knowing what was happening today. When I got to our group of friends, Mark wasn't there. I felt the emptiness in my chest get bigger. Felix gave me a sympathetic look. He knew what was happening. Most of them knew. But Felix knew what was happening with me. What killed me was when Mark walked over with her hand in his and a smile on his face. I immediately looked at Felix. He motioned silently to stay where I was. I stood silently making sure to not look at Mark. If I did, I'd surely break down.

After a few minutes, Felix showed I could go. I went into the bathroom and went to the first empty stall. My eyes watered, but no tears fell. This was a stupid reason to cry. I wont let it happen.

~~

Mark never asked about that morning. He sat with me at lunch, but all he wanted to talk about was Amy. I bore my heart out to Signe online during that. The next two weeks Mark started sitting less and less with me. Felix told me he sat with Amy more times than them. Half the time he wouldn't stay after school with me either. By the next week, Mark had all but abandoned me. 

I walked into my room Thursday that week, faceplanting onto my bed. I had no choice but to face the truth. My first and only friend (let alone crush) has been stolen away from me. I turned onto my back and stared at the ceiling. My eyes watered. This time I couldn't help it. The tears streamed down my face and soaked into my pillow.

A/N YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD IT WAS TO WRITE THIS. Well, it actually wasn't that hard, bUT NOW I'M ALL SAD. There's so much angst! I hope I can put in some fluff soon. Also, Confetti for me being on schedule with a chapter! I think this schedule will work. I'm gonna try to upload every week by Wednesday night. [Key word try] Well, thanks for reading, keep bein' a boss, and ill see you in the next chapter. Buhbuye!

50 awesome points to you if you read that^^ <3