Chapter 9 - A Misunderstanding

Due to their slow style of travel, they reached the Resistance hideout within an hour

Due to their slow style of travel, they reached the Resistance hideout within an hour. It was located deep in a forest, neatly hidden from any possible intruders, especially the Combine. Sebastian drove quite close to the hideout, but he kept the distance long enough just in case. Since the place itself was very silent, it wasn't sure if the hideout was still active within the Resistance forces. Sebastian stopped the vehicle and put on the handbrake. The expression on his face seemed to have a hint of nervousness. "(Y/N), I need you to stay here. Just in case this area is infested with headcrabs or zombies, or anything. It looks quite silent to me, like there was no one around." he told the citizen. "Alright, that sounds like a plan. I'll radio you if I see anything on the monitors." (Y/N) said with a small smile on her face. The man returned the smile and pulled his weapon from the holster, taking the safety off on it and reloading the weapon. "Wünsch mir Glück!"

As Sebastian got out of the vehicle and closed the door, he began to walk towards the damaged building which was higher on the hill. He kept a strong hold of his weapon, being alert at all time of his surroundings. The birds that were flying by made a noise that startled him enough for him to almost aim at them, but after he realized that the birds were not a real threat, he lowered the gun. Finally, when Sebastian reached the building that was located on the top of the hill, he kneeled down to get through a tiny hole that was on a fence which surrounded the house. The strange thing that he noticed were the gates that were locked. He thought that something must've been going on there. The German went to the right, just to investigate what was on that side of the house. There were some rusty steel pipes attached to the brick wall, and behind them was a metallic door that appeared to be recently used. This made him very curious, so he began to approach the door.

All of the sudden, the man felt that somebody was approaching him from the back. He turned around, and without being able to react, he felt a painful kick on his stomach, the feeling making him drop his weapon on the ground. Just seconds after that, he was kicked again, now forcing him to be slammed against the wall that was located behind him, his legs betraying him. When he recovered from his confusion, he saw a woman in front of her in Resistance gear, throwing her SMG to the side. She kneeled down in front of him and tilted her body towards the unit, just enough to reach her left hand to his neck, the fingers surrounding it strongly to choke him. Then, she raised her fist to the air. "What the fuck is a metrocop doing here? I saw it when you parked your vehicle down there and held a gun in your hands. I could hit you until you'd die, but I really want to hear your shitty explanation first." the woman threatened him, her grip around his neck tightening by second, "Start talking, you fucker!"

Sebastian was so out of his mind, and he couldn't answer the question for a while. His pupils were enlarged and he looked terrified; it was unusual for him to be in danger, because he was usually the one who pointed at people with his gun. "Bitte.. Hör auf. I'm a rogue unit. I have a citizen with me." he tried to speak, his voice coming out weak and distressed, "I'm a doctor. We have supplies. Guns, armoring.." his sentence was cut off when he coughed, because he couldn't get much air into his lungs. The woman couldn't believe him, but her grip began to soften. Finally, she let go of his neck and let him breath normally. "Man, I wish you're not playing a game with me now." she said, her voice still relatively aggressive. Sebastian turned his body to the side, attempting to get some fresh air.