Chapter 13 - Assault

Unlike the previous mornings, this one was chaotic

Unlike the previous mornings, this one was chaotic. You woke up to an alarm which was triggered because the hideout was facing a threat. The man next to you still had his eyes closed when you checked up on him, so you slapped his cheek gently just to make sure he was awake. "Was machst du, Schatz.." Sebastian murmured, his eyes opening in a rapid movement. His face indicated that he just realized something. "I think something's happening up there. Let's get into our gear, schnell!" You got out of his way as he rose himself out the bed and began to dress himself up. It quite fascinated you how fast he was even if he just woke up, but you decided to catch up with him by getting on your feet and starting to put your armor on.

Sebastian was done in under two minutes, and he grabbed his weapons, including a surprising choice of melee weapon, a bonesaw, then putting them into their holsters, clipping the bonesaw onto his waist. He grabbed yours and waited for you to fasten the belts of your kevlar vest. After you slipped your gloves on your hands, he handed a pistol and an SMG to you. "Do not hesitate to use them. You know I trust your skills, Liebling." the German told you before you grabbed your weapons and put placed them in your holsters. You were about to answer him, but he soon wrapped his hands around your waist and pulled you closer, planting a kiss on your lips. This was surprising, because he acted so busy a few minutes ago, but it appeared that he always had time for you. "Definitely. Now let's go find out what's happening there. Could be hell breaking loose."

When you two ran to the 'living room', Dell was sitting in front a monitor and having a conversation with somebody whose face could be seen on the screen. "We've got stinkin' hunters out there, and a group of Combine units just arrived in their APC. Our gate is still holding up, but I'm afraid more of them are coming.. The uprising must've been the cause of all this." his voice came out distressed and frightened as he explained the situation to the person. The same woman, Jenner, who had threatened Sebastian a few days ago came up to you. "Thank God you guys woke up. We've been spotted by some troopers with hunters and they're about to get inside if we won't stop them. We have to do something about it as fast as possible." she told you. "Let's get outside, then. I'll take care of the hunters, you two handle the rest, ja?" Sebastian suggested. You and the woman agreed with his plan and went outside.

As the three of you entered the porch, you heard Combine chatter coming from just around the corner. They had already gotten through the gates, or had used the small hole to bypass the gates. A few more people came out the door after you. Sebastian signaled you two to go there and investigate before he ran behind the house with the others. "Trouble ahead. I go first." Jenner told you while she approached the corner slowly, keeping her back against the wall at all times. Soon you saw a blue-eyed Overwatch soldier come around the corner, pointing their gun at you. Fortunately, Jenner noticed this and kicked the soldier off their feet. "More of them coming. You better run, or we'll both end up dead!"

It felt terrible to leave Jenner there all alone among all those soldiers, but you did what she said. After you disappeared from the scene, you heard gunfire and screaming. You weren't sure if the screaming came from her mouth, but it gave you the creeps. Your hands were shaking as you held the SMG. Only a few seconds passed until you heard heavy footsteps that were approaching your location. When you turned your head to the right, you saw a creature with two glowing eyes and three legs, towering over two meters high. It began to make strange sounds at you before it started to run towards you with great speed. So, this was one of the hunters that they were talking about?