Chapter 15 - Hold Me Now

A lot of things happened between you two that night. Even though you were relatively new to this whole romance thing, Sebastian didn't mind about any of the mistakes that you did. This allowed you to go further and let all your worries be released out of your head. It all felt so right. The next morning you woke up naked next to him, having wrapped your legs around his hips, giving you a clue what exactly happened the previous night.

You continued your journey to the White Forest. The landscape changed from a ragged coast into a thick spruce forest. It rained for ten minutes, then the Sun shone again. This same cycle repeated countless times while you two drove down the forest road. You and Sebastian talked about what you'd do after the invasion. You discussed about what your life would be in a few years. Even if your plans were a bit absurd, you still believed that they would one day become reality. Perhaps, if you managed to survive through all this. Sebastian was as enthusiastic as you were.

After miles of driving, you two encountered a force field that was blocking the road. It was obvious that the Combine had arranged it earlier, to restrict Resistance movement through the area. Next to the force field was a house, which appeared to have some kind of power supply inside of it. Sebastian stopped the APC quite far away from the gate, then turning to look at you after he switched off the vehicle. "I think there is a power supply inside of that building. Back when I was still serving under the Universal Union, we were encouraged to place power supplies in abandoned buildings, to hide them." he told you while his right hand wandered to grab his bonesaw from his utility belt. "Then we should go out and investigate, right? But not without a weapon." you answered him with a smirk on your face, doing the same thing as he did, but instead of a bonesaw, you pulled a pistol from the holster. "Genau, Schatz. I think you're starting to learn.." he showed his teeth at you in a playful way.

As you got out of the vehicle, Sebastian came up to you from the left side. "Liebling, I'd suggest you to stay behind me, just in case there are units around." the man said in protective tone of voice. You pressed yourself against him and wrapped your hands around his neck. "I can take care of myself, Sebastian. No need to treat me like a damsel in distress." This made Sebastian smile in his smug, evil way, his hands being bound around you. "Ja, ja.. As you say. But be careful, though." he reminded, planting a kiss on your forehead, "Those men don't show a sign until you hear them shooting."

The door of the building appeared to be locked from the inside, as Sebastian attempted to get it open with his hands. He sighted heavily in annoyment, still trying to get the door open. You noticed this and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Let me try. You should go behind the house in case this building has a backdoor, I'll get this open meanwhile." you told him as he turned around to face you. He was about to say something against your idea, but then he softened. "Klar. That sounds reasonable. I will get back to you!" a slight embarrassment could be detected in the tone of his voice.

While Sebastian walked around the house to see if there were any doors or other alternative entrances inside of it, you started kicking at the door, using brute force to try to get it open. The sounds of your grunts echoed between the two buildings, but it helped, because you accomplished to get the doors of the doors open. "Sebastian, it's done!" you screamed loud enough to make sure that Sebastian heard you. "Ach, gut! I didn't find any hidden entrances. The one on the front must be the only one." he said from around the corner.

Before you were aware of it, your presence was known. Someone was approaching you, fast. Everything you managed to do was to turn towards the sound of footsteps that came from behind the chainlink fence, raising your weapon. But it was too late. You saw a red, glowing eye on a white humanoid figure, pointing at you, and sending a set of bullets directly towards your lower body. One bullet penetrated your lower left leg and made you yelp loudly in pain, the pistol being dropped from your hand. The other went straight into the side of your stomach. And after it, another. And third. You were forced to fall on the ground, since your feet no longer supported your weight.

"Sebastian, help!" you managed to cry out as you felt how your insides were burning. It hurt like hell, and you were sure that you had never experienced a pain like that before. A couple of tears went down your cheeks as you began to sob. You could see Sebastian coming from around the corner, holding his bonesaw in his right hand. He looked a bit lost in the situation, noticing you on the ground. "Schatz! What happened to you.." The thing you noticed was that he wasn't aware of the units that were standing right behind him. "Behind you.." you attempted to warn him, but his attention was caught by someone.

Your heart stopped beating when you saw how someone shot him from behind you, their bullet penetrating Sebastian's stomach within a second. It was dead silent for seconds after this occurred. The expression on your man's face looked pale, emotionless even. His eyes didn't move, but soon he dropped the bonesaw from his hand, the metal hitting the ground loudly. The German rose his right hand up to touch his gut, seeing blood on his gloved fingers. He took a long glance back at the unit who shot him before he collapsed on his knees, his breathing rapid and irregular. It took a while until he looked at you, his face set in an apologizing, sorrowful expression. "Remember, Liebling.." he attempted to get words of his mouth as he wasn't able to hold himself up anymore, his body being slammed into the ground like a ragdoll, "Ich liebe dich so sehr."