Chapter 10 - Under Your Spell

The man reached down to take a sip from a glass of water that was located on a small table next to his bed, and noticed that he had a secret admirer, or in this case, a curious pair of eyes

The man reached down to take a sip from a glass of water that was located on a small table next to his bed, and noticed that he had a secret admirer, or in this case, a curious pair of eyes. You noticed that your eyes met, and you smiled softly at the German and turned your head towards him to see him better. "What are you doing? You seem so focused." you asked in curiosity, your hand wandering to your face to move the bangs out of the way of your eyes. After that gesture, Sebastian didn't turn to look at his datapad anymore. He was smiling at you in the certain way that made your heart beat faster. "Ach, I'm just writing some notes about today." he answered and fixed his position on the bed, letting his legs rest. "Can I see?" Without waiting for his answer, you approached him and sat next to him on the bed and crossed your legs. "Of course. The only problem is that it's in German. I've always been delusional about the Combine stealing my datapad, so I use my native language instead of English." he explained and handed the device to you.

You tried to understand what he wrote, but you really didn't have much idea about it; just a few words here and there, but nothing else. "I've always thought that German sounds harsh, but it actually looks quite beautiful." you confessed and smiled even wider. "Many foreigners think that it sounds hard. Maybe it's the media that has influenced them. Well, be glad you haven't heard me scream in my mother tongue. It's the definition of 'harsh'." he chuckled and smirked at you, his hands fingering the fabric of his pants. "Hm. I find that hard to believe. I think it's harsh in any language, really. And besides, I find it nice when you speak German." you confessed and looked up at him, pouting slightly without intending it. "Na ja, ich finde es nichts Spezielles. Englisch klappt mir sehr gut, aber ich finde die Wörter ganz schwer zu sagen. Und die Grammatik ist wirklich nicht meine Stärke." the German said, leaving you unsure what he just said, but it besides that, sounded wonderful to you ears. "You tease. Now I'm stuck, Sebby."

The man hissed at the nickname that you had given to him. "Stop calling me that or I'll keep you up all night, Süßling. That's just awful." You chuckled before you noticed that the man was leaning a bit closer to you by every second, his left hand slowly approaching your left one. You two looked at each other for quite a while before Sebastian collected all his courage to hold you hand. You felt your cheeks burning when you felt his cold hand on your skin, concealing it. "I wouldn't mind if you actually did that, though." your voice came out silent and shaky. The datapad in your hand was soon released out of it, onto the mattress. "Meinst du das wirklich? Ich muss das einmal fragen." Combining the words that he had told you in the past, you managed to understand the question. "Ja, wirklich." you answered in your slightly broken pronunciation, which Sebastian thought was adorable. There was a growing smirk on his face, and you felt a bit embarrassed. "Nicht schlecht, (Y/N). Aber du brauchst mehr Praxis."

Without waiting for another second, the German put his right hand behind your back and pulled you closer in a gentle movement. Before he proceeded any further, he wanted to find out if it was okay to do so. You didn't resist his move at all even if you were a bit surprised by it, and you leaned closer to the man, your cheek touching his shoulder. This little gesture made Sebastian smile, as you seemingly enjoyed the intimacy between you two. "Tell me if you feel uncomfortable about this." he whispered and stroked your back in a pair of slow, long movements with his palm. "I'm liking it so far." you answered and held the man's hand tighter in yours.