Chapter 5

My heart sank as I watched the blue line flashing telling me to write , I didn't know what to say

My heart sank as I watched the blue line flashing telling me to write , I didn't know what to say. There was no way we would make it if we drove . I decided just to send a simple no.

I was so disappointed no Buies Creek for me , I felt a single tear escape from my eye and run down my cheek, soon after that I was in the back of a cab crying my eyes out.

My driver didn't ask any questions he just drove me to my house, I payed him and then sat on the bench outside on our porch.

Rhett's P.O.V

I waited in the living room for Link at around 4:00am I started to get really worried I knew he should be home. When I looked out the window I spotted him leaning over with his hands in his face, he'd been and still was crying.

I didn't think not going to North Carolina would mean so much to him. I went outside and sat next to him, I didn't say anything I just placed my head on his back while he cried.

After maybe 10 minutes Link spoke up

"Rhett I'm sorry, I just wanted to go back to NC , where all this started, where we began."

"So did I babe , but we can't, I promise I'll make our Friday Saturday and Sunday the best days ever. Maybe if we enjoy tomorrow we can hang out with Christy and Jessie a bit more."

I think Link liked that idea because he wiped him eyes and then came inside. Today had been a long day, I convinced Link to just go to sleep and remember the good things about today not the bad.

Staying up this late was a stupid idea we had to be in work quite early tomorrow but I'm sure we will be fine, we have 3hours to sleep but that's if we fall asleep in 30 minutes. Maybe I could phone work and just say we would be in late.

Link fell asleep fast so at least he'd be not as tired tomorrow, the amazing thing about our job is that if we are tired from a night out our fans the mythical beasts would actually like to know what happened , who we went out with and if we had fun.

So I think the plan was to do an old fashioned talk about our night and laugh about it. Maybe we would leave out the Link crying bit out but me, Mike and Alex would have some good stories to tell the mythical beasts.