Goldie & the Bear - 4

Goldie walked behind Red like a prisoner being led to the gallows

Goldie walked behind Red like a prisoner being led to the gallows. She didn't know why she felt this way but she didn't like it one bit. She trusted Red to have her back but Bear had a very determined look on his face when he demanded she get Hunter and she didn't believe comping his meal would satisfy him.

The room had been returned to its normal state and chatter. Only Bear stood, with Clay by his side, the rest of the group had decided to eat and enjoy their food, while the ordeal was straightened out.

"Mr. Brown," Red said, holding out her hand to him.

He didn't take it. He looked past her to Goldie, "Where's Hunter?"

Red was not one to be snubbed. "Hunter as you can imagine is tied up with running OUR kitchen," Red replied, "would you mind following me to my office and where we will handle this situation."

"And you are?"

"Red Ramirez, co-founder, and owner of the diner," Red supplied again annoyed that he was refusing to deal with her.

Goldie had a similar thought. Maybe he just doesn't like women in general. Or perhaps he feels threatened by authoritative women. Still, she'd love to just jump to the end and find out how this is all going to turn out.

Again, Red reiterated, "If you would be so kind as to follow me?" And she turned to walk away only his words stopped her.

"I don't see why that's necessary. It's obvious what needs to be done here," Bear told her.

Red's turned and pinned her shoulders back to some invisible line readying for a fight. This one was a real winner.

"You're right of course," she began, "we are sorry for what has transpired and we plan on not only comping your meal but will pay for any damages done to your clothing or at the very least pay for them to be dry cleaned."

"That's it?" Bear asked annoyed.

"Is there something else you feel ought to be done to put the situation right?" Red asked although she did not like where this was going.

"Yes," he said in a tone that stated he thought the answer an obvious one, and again Red felt the bristle.

"And that would be?"

"I want her fired."

"Whoah, whoah. Bear... you didn't say anything about..."Clay began with a very apologetic look at Goldie.

"And why would I do that?" Red said standing up even straighter, digging down deep, ready for battle.

"Why wouldn't you? Is she your friend? Is that how she got to manage this place? Because if this," he said waving his hand to encompass his damaged clothes, "is a reflection of her skill level I would say she's highly unqualified for the position, and whatever form of nepotism this is... should not be a deciding factor."