Missy & the Spider Chapter - 3

"I guess I should introduce myself

"I guess I should introduce myself. The name's Tino," he said holding his hand out to her.

Missy giggled. "Doesn't that mean tiny?" she said taking his hand. It dwarfed hers, and although warm to the touch, sent a slight shiver down her spine.

"Still cold?" he asked.

"A little," she lied taking her hand back.

"Technically it means small. I was the runt in the family weighing in at 6lbs 12oz and 17" in length. I guess my parents didn't have high expectations for me then. I'm more of a fan of the Urban dictionary definition of my name?"

"There's an Urban dictionary definition of your name?" Missy asked, astonished.

"Sure is," he laughed and fiddled for his phone, pulling it from his pocket. He typed something in, did a few swipes, and handed her his phone. "May I?" he asked, pointing to the almond rolls.

"Help yourself," she said and took a moment to read what it said....

Urban Dictionary

Top Definition

Tino

A man that is drop dead amazingly good looking. Great personality, any one who went out with him is lucky. A great piece of work.

Missy refused to admit the accuracy of this definition. Instead she teased, "Write this yourself did you?"

Tino who took a sip of hot cocoa to wash down his almond roll, nearly spit it out at her question. He never got that reaction before. Usually the girl would just laugh, and perhaps flirt back a little.

He put his hand over his heart and did the Boy Scout's honor sign, "I swear, it wasn't me, but you know what they say... 'If it's on the Internet it must be true.'

This time Missy did laugh. "Uh-huh, and I bet you believe in big foot too?"

"This has nothing to do with foot size but for your information I wear a size 11."

Missy kept laughing , her sides were beginning to hurt. "Mercy. I beg of you. Please?"

"What?" Tino asked innocently. "It's true, you want me to show you?" he asked and pulled up his foot to start untying his work boot.

"No, stop. Please, it hurts," Missy said, wiping away tears.

"Okay, but you started this."

"Me?" Missy said incredulously, as she tried desperately to catch her breath.

"Did you or did you not ask what my name means?" Tino asked.

"Actually, no I believe I told you your name means small," she said, adding to her words with a finger pinching motion.

"Did you have use that gesture, it's quite demeaning," Tino said, "and as you can tell by my size, I am quite big."

Missy couldn't believe she was having this conversation. What was worse, was what they were alluding to but not actually saying. She still felt it hard to catch her breath, and her face hurt from laughing so much.