part 1

JACE'S POV

      "GET AWAY FROM MY GRANNY!" I heard a girl yell. I back away from the granny who accidentally ran into me, dropping all her groceries. 

  It was a Sunday morning, I was in the human world to look for an old human doctor that knew about vampires. I was to bring him back to the underworld because the king's father was ill. I was a good friend of the king so I was entrusted with this task to go fetch the human doctor. Who knew I would run into annoying trouble.

  "What do you think you're doing to my grandma!?" She screams at me. The people around me whisper to each other as she puts her grandma behind her defensively.

  "Hey, wait a minute, I was helping her up," I say. She continues to glare at me with those bright purple angry eyes that had a hint of gold and silver in them. So uncute. Her dirty blond hair was tied all the way up...not cute at all. Her clothes consisted of jeans, tee shirt, and tennis shoes. I rolled my eyes. I wish I saw a cuter girl get mad at me. I sighed and shrugged.

  "That's what they all say! What do you want from her? What's your reason for approaching her? Money? Fame?" Her grandma taps her shoulder and chuckles.

  "This young man was trying to help me. Calm down Kyra." Her grandma says as the girl named Kyra flushes in a deep red. I laughed a little at her reaction and got a glare as a reward.

  "He has an ulterior motive!" She says and points at me. "Fight me. If you lose, stay away from my grandma! You stalker!"

  "I-i don't really want to fight you," I say with a nervous laughter. Sh*t.....i wanted to get out of here quickly. When I get home, I'm going to sleep right away. This is way too much work for a fetching job! I better give the "oh so mighty king" a nice slap.

  "Why? You chicken?" She grins, showing her straight teeth. 

  "If I win, what happens?" I ask. "You're going to apologize to me?"

  "Yeah, I'll do that!" She boldly says. Her eyes were straight at me with fire and I liked it. She had a nice feeling to her not-cute face and body.

  "Are you sure you can win against a man?" I say with a smile. "I feel like it's going to be cheating."

  "Let's go!" She says and quickly starts running at me full speed. Of course, in my eyes, she's as slow as a tortoise. I sigh in annoyance as I trip her. She falls flat on the ground and turns to me with a red face. I feel my lips curl upwards in amusement, and then feel a big smile forming, lips parting, and then my laughter comes out. It was a long time I've laughed like this and it felt good. 

  "Kyra! What did I tell you?" Her granny yells at her while picking her off her knees. "Apologize to this man! Now!"

  "But-" She glances at me and then back at her granny.

  "No buts, apologize. Now." She says and glares at Kyra. Kyra stays quiet and looks up at me. She plays with her fingers unexpectedly, cheeks flush red, kicks her ground, and sucks on side of her cheek in and pouts.

  "Sorry." She whispers and hides behind her granny in a cute way. I smile at her. Entertaining. I wonder how her blood would taste? Sweet? Sour? Bitter? I want to laugh more...I want her to entertain me more... "Grandma, let's go."

  Next time I see her....i'll turn her into a vampire.

                                                            A FEW HOURS LATER

   "Oh is the king's father that sick?" The old doctor shakes his head while packing his bags. He quickly drinks a cup of cold water and leaves the house with me on his tail. "We better hurry."

  "Right." I nod my head. As we are on our way to the underworld, we pass by an alley way. While we pass by, I hear different noises. Thuds, groans, moans, kicking, punching, laughing, and cursing. Someone was probably getting bullied.

  "Kyra you loser!" I hear a boy's voice.

  "Can't stand tall and brave against all of us now can you?" I hear a girl's voice. Kyra? It must be a coincidence. I continue to follow the doctor as he makes his way to the secret path to the underworld. 

  "You can go ahead of me," I say as the doctor glances at me but doesn't hesitate to nod his head. I stop running and walk back to the ally. If it was Kyra...what bad luck she has to catch my interest.