Part 25

KYRA'S POV

   "Come Kyra....Run faster. Can't you run any faster?!" I yell at myself as i try to find an escape route. As i turned at the corner, a bunch of vampires saw me, and began to chase me. Sh*t. As i got the roof, i tried to climb the ladder as i felt someone grab my ankle and pull me down. I fell on my ribs and felt everyone hold me down. Everyone suddenly opened a path and i saw an old man walking towards me. His eyes glowed bright red, clearly telling me he was a vampire, his cane was red and black, his white hair was gelled back, and his face held a smile of interest. 

   "Well well, if it isn't one of my vampire friends." He says with a chuckle.

  "You can try to hurt me, but i'll just regenerate over and over again." I snap at him as he takes out a knife. He chuckles even more as he snaps his fingers.

  "Take her to the lab. We will finally start the experiment. " He says. They pick me up and carry me into the lab he was talking about. Rudely, they shove me on the table and belt down my arms and my neck. The old man comes towards me and shove the knife into my arm. I cringe in pain but when he takes it out, the wound closes.

  "See, i told you. Do you not know?" I ask, glaring at him. 

  "Hmm, this is perfect! Now i can test my new serum." He says. He takes out a shot which glowed in a purple color and chuckles. I turned my head away as he leaned in. He grabbed my chin and squeezed my mouth and ended up opening my mouth. He grabbed my tongue and shoved the needle into my tongue. I felt dizzy and hazy at first, then my body began to burn, i began to sweat, my breaths hard, and i felt sensitive. 

  "What the hell was that?" I ask with a growl. He throws the shot on the ground and chuckles. "HEY!"

   "Don't worry, you won't pass out. Ever." He says and takes out a bunch of tools. This took him a while to do, and meanwhile, the pain went away. I still felt sensitive, but i wasn't dizzy, hazy, sweating, and i wasn't burning in pain. He finally finished and brought out a surgeon's knife. He ripped my shirt off, leaving me with my undershirt, and sat next to me. His knife touched me skin and slowly dug it into my skin. I felt so much more pain than normal and my skin didn't close up when he began to move it upwards. I screamed loudly as he opened up my arm with laughter.

   "STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!" I screamed in pain. "Stop...it.........please!"

 I felt him put something into my skin as he closed my arm. He then moved up above my head. I shook my head as he nodded his head, and shoved the knife into my left eye. I screamed, my voice cracked, my eyes began to cry, my heart pounded, i felt scared, and I felt terrible.

  "JACE!........Jace....JACEEEEEEEEE!" I screamed for help. "KEITH!...KEITH! ELLA...OBEE!....Von. VON! KEITH! JACE! SOMEONE!........S-someone help."

   "We're all alone here sweety." He says. I felt his old lips smash down on my lips as blood ran down my face with tears. He got up and strolled over to the tools and brought out something that looked like an eye. No. Nononono, please no. Someone help me.

JACE'S POV

  "KYRA!" I'm sure Kyra was here. Was leaving Von and, Ella, Keith, and Obee secretly the right choice? I'm sure Von can take care of them if Keith can. I couldn't stand not being able to protect Kyra. I had to get her. Nothing could stop me. I felt anger rush into me, thinking about it again. I followed...her scent....and made it all the way into a big building. It was huge. Vampires lay around, beaten up, and someone dead. I grab someone and shake them. "Where's the girl?"

  "W-who're you." He asks me.

  "WHERE IS SHE!"

  "Okay c-chill man. She's in the basement." He says. I throw him off the roof and run to the basement. It was dead silent for moment but then, i heard cries. They were horrible. A bunch of cries everywhere. I opened the door where the cries came from. It was a horrible sight. There were many people in cages, they looked deformed, crazy, desperate, and sad.

  "SAVE US PLEASE!" They all say over and over again. Their teeth came out and their eyes glowed red. Vampires. 

  "Where's the girl?" I ask them as they look at each other.

  "New girl is over there." They say calmly as they point to the last cell. I run over to the cell at first, i don't see anything, but when i look closer and adjust my eyes to the dark, i begin to see.

  "Kyra?..." I ask. It was her. Her blond hair loosened up while she buried her head into her knees.

  "....Jace.....?  I hear her voice finally. It was hoarse. She looked up and i grabbed the bars. She looked sick, horrible, and so sad. One of her eyes....had dried blood and a little wet blood running down it, her eye was bright blue, while her other was still red, her lips were bleeding and wet, her shoulders shook with fright, her undershirt was ripped, blood dripping down her arm, and dark circles around her eyes. "Jace."

  She crawled to me and held onto the bars. 

  "Jace. Jace....Jace." Her words so painful, it melted and broke my heart. I held her hands and nodded my head.

  "Don't worry, i'm here." I say as she took her hand and put it on her forehead, moved her hair and looking down. "Don't worry."

  "...You're late." She says, while looking back up to me. I bite my lips in guilt, and look down, blinking constantly. 

  "Sorry." I say as i hear her sigh with one laugh.

  "Fine." I felt her hand on my face as she lifted my head up. She shook her head and mouthed the words to me again. "It's fine. Jace."

  "Wait here, i'll get the keys." I say as i hold her shaking hands. As i got up and turned around, I saw an old man walking towards me. 

  "We have visitors?" He asks with a smile. "Aww, my poor Kyra. Now you can't go through experiment number 2. Who is he?"

  "Who're you?" I ask as he drops his cane. "Did you do this to Kyra........."

  "My my, you talk as if it's a bad thing." He says. "I only upgraded her for my own good."

  "You mother f*cking c*nt!" I yell and run towards him. I grab his neck and slam him on the ground. "How dare you. You. You....you- you're horrible!"

  "G-get off me, you'll...regret........it." He manages to take out as i squeeze his neck even more. 

  "Apologize to Kyra. Get on your f*cking knees you old bag of sh*t." I growl at him as i throw him in front of Kyra's cell. He tooks back at me. "NOW!"

  "I-I'm sorry!" The old man shrieks as I see tears go down Kyra's face. The old man gives me a key and runs off. As i am about to chase him, Kyra speaks.

  "Jace." Kyra says. I turn and open the cell as i help her up. She leans on my chest as i felt her small shoulder shake in my arms. "It's enough. Enough."

  "Okay." I nod my head and put my arms around her. She was so fragile that moment, weak, vulnerable, and sad. She slid down and sat on the ground. I crouched down in front of her and cupped her face. 

  "Jace. My eye." She says as tears ran down her face. "My eye."

  "It's okay." I repeated it over and over again until she looked into my eyes and nodded but tears still running down her face. "It must have been painful."

  "He put his mouth on me." She says and looks down. I feel anger rise inside me as my jaw clenches. Anger boiled up even more and she pointed at her lips. "Jace."

  "I'm sorry." I only say as i feel her lips on mine. It was a soft peck as she looked at me. I shook my head. "I'm sorry Kyra."

   "Jace, it's not your fault." She says as she gets up. "Let's go home."