Part 17

KYRA'S POV

  These days, everything is all calm, peaceful, happy, and perfect. A little too perfect. While Keith is off playing with his new best friend, currently, Ella had opened a portal she had no idea she could do. Neither did Jace and i... This portal was small. It took up only a couches size in the house and stayed that way.

  "You know how to close the portal right?" Obee asks as Ella shrugs, worryingly. 

  "What do you think is on the other side?" I ask Jace. He stares at it for a minute and looks at me.

  "Monsters." He says. "We have to find a way to close it."

  "And what if we don't?" I ask. He shakes his head.

  "There's not going to be any ifs." He gets closer to the portal and squint into it. "We're all going to die from an invasion or disease. Whatever comes out, it's not going to be good."

  "I'll check what's on the other side." I say. Jace watches as i stroll to the front of the portal.

  "I'll go with you." He mumbles. I smile as he turns to Obee and Ella. "You guys stay here and don't go anywhere alright?"

  "Okay." Ella nods her head and Obee nods quicker in fright.

  "Let's go." Jace says. He leaps into the portal and disappears. I glance back at Obee and Ella and throw myself into the portal.

  On the other side was the smell of blood, rotten bodies everywhere, disease looking rashes on almost every dead body, and no living soul.

  "Holy sh*t...."Jace mumbles under his breath. I back away from the sudden sight as the smell leeks into my body. "Let's get going." 

  I follow him around the bodies and down the hill. At the bottom of the hill, there were hundreds of tents, cheering, and rants.

  "KILL ALL HUMANS! KILL ALL HUMANS!"  They chanted. "USE THE PORTAL! USE THE PORTAL! THE HEAVENS SENT US A PORTAL TO KILL ALL HUMANS!"

  I watched in utter disbelief. Jace motioned me to follow him quickly but i just stood there, and watched the monsters cheering to kill. Jace grabbed my arm and pulled me away, back to the top of the hill and shoved me into the portal.

  "We've got to shut this portal up...." i whisper to myself and think hard. How in the world would we close this portal? Ella grabbed my shirt and tugged it.

  "Is everything alwight?" She asks. I nod my head slowly and stare at the portal. Something was wrong with the portal....it was...changing? I squinted my eyes and stared harder.

  "Jace..." I nudge his arm. "Is the portal getting bigger?"

  He stays quiet for a second and then frowns.

  "If this gets as big as this living room, it'll be big enough for all those guys to fit through together and raid this place." Jace says. He cursed under his breath and i felt my heart skip nervously.

  "I'M SORRY!" Ella screamed and ran up to her room. Obee looked at me and held onto Jace's shirt tightly.

  "I'll talk to Ella." I say slowly and run up after her. I walked into her room and found her under the covers, bawling, and hugging a pillow. I sat next to her and patted her head.

  "Is it all my fault?" She asks. "I'm sorry. I didn't know."

  "Don't worry about it." I smile. I giggle when she looks up at me with her cute eyes. "No one's going to blame you, even though you DID open that portal. We'll find a way to close it so don't think too much about it."

  "B-but, what if you don't?" She asks. I think for a bit and grin.

  "That would be pretty bad wouldn't it?" I scrumble her hair. "Everyone makes mistakes. You realize you have abilities that are far from Keith or Obee right? You can decide how you use your powers. To protect or to destroy. "

  "I-i don't want these powers!" She screams and puts her hands on her head. She shakes her head as tears fell down her face. So young...poor Ella. I lay down her to her and hug her in my arms.

  "Don't worry Ella." I brush her hair with my hand. She sniffed a little before turning into a small white cat. She snuggled in my arms and closed her eyes. "No matter what you do, you'll always have Keith, Obee, Jace, and me. There is no limit to all our relationships. We're here."

  She purred and then fell completely asleep. Now....what was i going to do? While the portal was growing, Ella was feeling huge guilt, and the humans were in danger. This was so sudden...Too sudden. I didn't have time to  even loosen up. I'm going to protect Ella.