Part 13

KYRA'S POV

    "OBEE YOU JERK! WHY WOULD YOU TAKE MY SHARE OF EGGS!" Keith screamed at the top of his lungs when all of us gathered for breakfast. Jace sighed as he started to eat. It was another day of Keith's loud screaming, Obee's cries and whines, and Ella's unknown monster drink.

  "Today, the royal palace is planning to get rid of the humans." Jace says. 

  "King isn't going to...kill them is he?" I ask with an eyebrow up. "No way he would. Haha, that would be outrageous."

  "He is." Jace says. He looks up from his plate and raises an eyebrow. "Why?"

  "Isn't killing them, sort of going overboard?" I ask and sort of glance at Ella who is carefully listening in on the conversation.  "How about we finish eating before finishing this conversation."

  "No, that's all i wanted to say. Nothing more." He says. "Also, there's a murderer going around. Gruesome deaths and they are only targeted towards the humans."

  "What? Are you saying that someone who's not human is murdering people?" I ask. "Without the king's permission?"

  "That's right." He nods his head. Ella's ears twitch as she continues to eat. "So be careful wherever you are."

  "Right......" I say in a sluggish voice. He nods his head, chugs down all the water in his cup, gets up, and leaves after saying good bye to us all.

  "All right! Today, let's do something useful!" I say and clap my hands.

  "Yes! Let's finally get married." Keith says with his eyes beaming. 

  "So today, we're going to be learning how to fight!" I say and ignore Keith who growls in response. I laugh at his reaction.

  "Who's going to teach us?" Obee asks cutely. I think and look at the butler.

  "Who's the fighting specialist or whatever you call it?" I ask the butler as he stares at me for a second and smiles.

  "His name is Master Durn." He says. "Would you like to meet him?"

  "Yes please!" I nod my head quickly. I turn to Ella, Obee, and Keith and grin. "Hurry and eat so we can get things done."

  "YES! FINALLY FIGHTING!" Keith punches the air and makes fighting noises. Ella plays with her food as she glances at me.

  "D-do i have to?" Ella asks.

  "Well, you don't HAVE to, but if you want to protect yourself, i suggest you do it." I say. "Obee and Keith will protect you if you do it or not, right?"

   "Yeah, leave it to me!" Keith nods his head and smacks his chest. He coughs a little bit and pretends to be strong. "N-no one can beat me!"

  "We'll protect you." Obee says with a smile. Ella's eyes glow as she looks down at the plate with a hidden face of guilt.

  "Are you okay?" I ask her when we finished eating. Obee and Keith were playing around, while waiting for Master Durn to arrive in her chamber.

  "Y-yeah." She says slowly and gulps. Her tail flew around in a nervous way and her ears twitched with every move. I put my hand on her head and sighed.

    ELLA'S POV

   "You're not having a fever." She says with a worried expression. I smiled feeling nice. 

  Everyone has secret they don't want anyone to know. If they don't, then they have nothing to protect. Long time ago, Granny told me that if i want to be stronger, i would have to stand up for myself no matter what. I love Obee, Keith, Granny, Jace, and Kyra. I always want to be with them together. Jace's warm body made me feel safe, Kyra's hands and voice made me feel comfortable, Keith and Obee made me feel at home no matter where we went. 

  "Oh you must be Master Durn!" Kyra says as a middle aged man comes out. He sits himself down on the couch and stares at me, Obee, and then Keith.

  "What do you need?" He asks. "You aren't going to ask me to train these little rats as well as yourself are you?"

  "How rude, i'm a cat for your information old fart!" Keith shreeks. He looks taken back as Keith glares into his eyes. He laughs and nods his head. 

  "Well, yeah, i did come to ask to train us." Kyra says slowly. He looks deep into her eyes that seemed unwavering.

  "I assume you are Kyra..." He looks at Kyra, then me, Obee, and then Keith. "Ella, Obee, and Keith. The new favorites of Young Master."

  "I guess you can say that." Keith says with a laugh. "I mean, he DOES favor me a lot."

  "Very well." He nods his head. He throws us into a room and yells. "Change your clothes and come out."

  "What is this?!" Keith lifts up baggy pants and a tight shirt. "I'm not wearing this garbage."

  "Keith." Kyra warns him. He sighs and puts it on. Kyra helps me put mine on after she put hers on and then Obee. "Alright, we have to try our best alright?"

  "Yes ma'am!" Keith nods his head and marches out. Obee nods as he follows Keith and then me.

    Who knew, this Master Durn would go hardcore on us even though we were small children. Maybe it wasn't a great idea to agree to this.