Part 9

KYRA'S POV

   I skipped to the cafe where i usually helped out at. The grandma was still making Obee, Ella, and Keith pumpkin pie, and everything was normal.

  Keith was now 10 years old, Ella was 7, and Obee was 8. Keith grew to be handsome, cool, and immature. Obee? Well he got all the adults' attention with his adorable ways. Ella was the "one cute girl" in the coffee shop that made all the people buy more from the menue.

    "FARTING BANANA ATTACK!" Keith yelled across the cafe as he ran towards me and jumped on me. "GUESS WHAT!"

  "You got a new 'girlfriend'?" I say with a smirk "I bet you got dumped! Serves you right, little brat!"

  "How dare you! Insolent fool!" He screams and bites my wrist. "No! I have come up with a plan!"

  "To rule the world? I'm sorry, but i think you're gonna have to wake up from your dream." I say as Ella walks over to me with a cool drink. "Thanks."

  Ella nods her head and runs off. Keith looks up at me and glares. 

  "I WILL MARRY YOU, KYRA!" He claims.  "I WILL CHASE YOU  TILL I GET YOU! THAT WILL BE THE DAY I DIE!"

  "Ah really? Then i guess you'll be granted eternal life. Must suck to be you." I say with a bored sigh. "But then again, i can't die either since i'm a vampire."

  "We will live forever..." He says and smirks. "Forever and ever...my dearest woman...Kyra...My third bride."

  "BRIDE MY A$$!" I drink up the drink quickly and shove it at him. "Go wash the cup child."

  "YOU'LL REGRET THIS MOMENT!" He screams and snatches my cup away. I giggle and laugh hard at his adorable words and actions. Obee ran up to me and dropped a worm in front of me. He cocked his head to the side, making his ears flop over, and his big cute eyes blink.

  "Caterpillar?" He asks. "Will it turn into a butterfly? His name is Mr. Bug."

  "Obee, that's a worm." I say as i pick him up and cuddle him in my arms. "You've grown so big, i don't think i'll be able to cuddle with you anymore, you little kitten."

  "I want to cuddle with Kiwaaa." He says as his eyes shine.

  "Mhmmm, of course! I'll still cuddle you even when you're an old wrinkly man." I say with a giggle. I automatically take that back when i see an old man squinting at me. I laugh as i smile back at him. "Obee, go help out with the cafe. Your grandma can't be doing it all by herself."

  "Okay then, if you say so." Obee pouts and runs away.

  "Kyra dear! Over here!" I hear the granny yelling. I turn to see her waving at me from a distant table. I go over there and sit in front of her to see what the problem was. "Good morning dear."

  "Good morning." I say with a smile. "Is there something you need?"

  "Well, you see, I'm going to move away." She says and looks at Obee who defends Ella from Keith who fights to wash the dishes. "I can't take those kids with me."

  "Where are you going to?" I ask slowly. "Why can't you take them?"

  "I'm going to the human world." She says with a chuckle. "Taking them was a consideration, but it's best they live here."

  "Who's going to take care of them then?!" I ask with anger. She sipped her coffee and smiled. "You hell no."

  "Kyra, please watch over those three brats for me." She says and gets up. "I leave them up to you."

  "WOAH WAIT." I say, but she gets up and leaves. I look at Obee who points at the dish washer soap, then the normal hand soap, and looks at Keith confused. Ella shakes her head and points at the soap bar as they nod their heads in approval. I groan and run over to them. "Hey! Don't use bar soap for dish washing!"

  "Why?" Ella asks, biting her nail. I was going to have to take care of these three children?...

**************************THAT AFTERNOON

  "So fluffy!" Obee jumps on Jace's lap and touches his hair. 

  "So i see, you're my love rival." Keith glares at Jace who looks at me weirdly. "Fight me!"

  "H-hi, i'm....E-Ella." Ella says while moving around. She kicks the ground softly as i throw myself on the couch.

  "Can they stay with us from now on?" I ask. "I know it's a hard request, but please? Just this once."

  "It's no problem with me...but why so suddenly." Jace asks with a frown. "I'm not some orphanage."

  "Don't say that!" I snap at him. "We KNOW you're not an orphanage but you don't to say it like that."

  His eyes look taken back as he glances at the children's blank faces. They were orphans. She sighed and patted Obee on the head who was still on his lap.

  "I'm sorry." He says and then smiles. "Well, this is your home from now on...."

  "YAY!" Keith screams and jumps on top of me. He hugs me and looks at Jace while whispering something to him that made Jace throw a pillow from the couch at him. When Keith dodges, and it hits my face instead, I grab a pillow and beat them both up.

  "So i'm Jace." Jace says and eyes Keith. "You are?"

  "Keith, Kyra's future husband." Keith nods his head as Obee clings onto Jace's body tighter. Ella just sits down and stares at the marbles inside the glass flower pot in amazement.

  "I'm Obee." Obee says in his cute voice. "Hewwow..."

  "Well hi Obee....and Keith." Jace glares at Keith who glares right back.

  "Jace, are you 10 years old?" I groan and try to move Keith off me but he clings on. "And Keith, get off me!"

  "Hah! You heard her, get off." Jace says. Keith pouts and hugs me tighter.

  "You guys are a bunch of little kids." I groan and roll my eyes but despite this, i felt a bit happy....i felt like Jace was jealous...or arguing with Keith, a 10 year old, for me. Nonono, i shouldn't get my hopes up. I stood up with Keith still clinging to my shoulder and waist and struggled upstairs. "I'll put this one to bed."

  "W-wait, you aren't planning to put him to bed in YOUR bed are you?!" Jace asks quickly. 

  "Uhhh well yeah, why?" I ask, confused.

  "Keith's a guy!" Jace says and avoids my eyes. "Just do whatever you want. Not like, anything's going to happen."

  "You big fat jerk!" Keith screams at the top of his lungs before we got into my room. I put him down on my bed and ran out to get Obee and Ella. Ella was on Jace's lap, examining the glass jar from a different angle, while Obee patted Jace's hair. This was a new sight i saw of him. I couldn't help but laugh.

  "W-what?" Jace asks with a scowl. I felt like maybe, i just found more about him tonight. It made me feel happy and relaxed but made my heart pound faster with excitement

  "Nothing." I say with a smile.