3

Loki started enjoying his food while I looked at mine reluctantly. How was I possibly be eating when I couldn't even process everything that was going on? That cold hand, the pain it left me with, this place, this person in front of me, any of these things didn't make sense for me. Why was I here in the first place if I was really dead? What's all these leisure time about? How the hell this person admitted to be my servant or whatever it is? All these questions stormed my head like crazy.
"You aren't eating, princess?" Loki woke me up from my silence.
"Don't call me that. I don't like it."
"Why? Why can't I call you that? As a matter of fact, you are a princess."
"Just shut up." I got up from my seat and left him to get to the other room. I shut the door and locked myself inside. Seemed like it was a bedroom. My bedroom?
I went up to the bed, thinking of a lot of things once again. All I felt was confusion. A moment later, I fell asleep on the comfy bed.
----
I heard knocks on the door as I was weighing myself up. My head felt lighter than it was before. Loki's voice could be heard coming from outside. I got up from the bed and reached for the door.
"Hello." I greeted him as I opened the door for him.
"Good morning princess!" he said cheerfully.
"I told you not to call me princess."
"Ah, I'm sorry about that.., but, princess, um I meant you haven't told me your name.." he said while scratching his head.
"I just realised that.. Well, I'm Michii." I said, offering my hand.
"Kawaii!! Well, I'm Loki, as you have known." he said while wearing a big smile on his face and shaking my hand.
"What's so kawaii?"
"Your name!"
"Jeez.."
"Breakfast is ready. I'll be waiting for you at the table, princess, I meant, Michii. See ya!" he said while turning away.
So that was how the first morning in this place started. After breakfast, we headed out for the garden to breathe some fresh "air." Honestly I wasn't even sure what I was breathing in. I was dead after all.
"Do you like this place?" asked Loki while taking my hand in his.
"How do I say it, I'm still confused of all these events,"
My eyes caught the sight of butterflies surrounding rose flowers in front of me. They all looked different than those in human world.
Loki picked one rose flower and gave it to me.
"It's beautiful. Just like you."
"What are you on about?" I said while giving him weird look. Honestly, I tried so hard not to laugh at this crappy joke.
"Well, girls are like that."
"Like what?"
"Like that, beautiful. Right?"
"You're seriously annoying."
"I'm not sorry," he said, holding the rose right in front of my face.
I took the rose from his hand and sniffed it. Even the smell is different, it's sweeter.
We spent the rest of the day in the garden, riding on the small boat across the lake and picking vegetables for dinner.
It wasn't so horrible here after all. I will probably even feel comfortable after some time.
Loki was still treating me like a princess, he took my hand while we were walking and not letting me to get anywhere by myself. It was already evening when we reached home, and Loki started washing the vegetables, preparing for dinner.
"Can I help you?" I asked him, reaching for the potato.
"No." he said sharply.
"Eh? That's cold."
"What's cold?" he said, facing me.
"Err, the water." I said, more like mumbling to myself.
"I see." he said, leaning his body in front of me to get something from the rack. I could feel his scent and the warmness from it.
"Excuse me, Michii." he said, looking at me closely.
"That's okay..."
Seeing his face from that close of a distance, I felt like I wanted to touch it. It looked so smooth. He was quite attractive, if not hot. Still, he reminded me of that guy from a drama, but I couldn't remember his name. I came back to reality to find him eyeing me while giving me bad guy stare.
"What is it?" I asked him, pushing him from in front of me.
"Hmm, nothing." he went away, handling his dishes again.
I could only stare at his back, full of questions in my head.
"What a weird guy" the words rang in my head. I went to the sofa and rested my head on it.
The days will be filled with even more questions. I gotta find out why and how do I get here. For some reasons, I really wanted to know what really happened to me. Why was I killed? Who killed me? I felt pain in my chest to remember of my dad. He must be worried about me.
"Michii," Loki called me out, waking me up from my thought.
"Yeah?" I said, adjusting my seat.
"Dinner's ready."
We had our dinner in silence. I couldn't make out for a word to say, neither did Loki try to break the silence. So just like that, the day passed. Maybe tomorrow or the day after, I would have a clue on what to do or how to get out of here. Or probably the opposite? I would probably forget about everything and just lived this weird life with Loki. In this place called Neverends. As for that, was this place really a never ending world we could live in, I didn't really know.