8

I quickly made my way to my room, unsure of how I felt. Or if I actually felt anything. What had just happened? Did he just kiss me?

I lay down on my bed, trying to figure everything out. What had got into me that I suddenly hugged him? Why did he ask that question? Why did he kiss me? I ran a finger through my lips, I still could feel his soft lips on mine. I tried to shake my mind off of the thought but I ended up staying awake with all the questions filled my head. I stayed awake long enough that I felt hungry again, so I went to the kitchen in search for some food I could find to fill the now empty stomach. For my surprise, I saw Yamada's shadow in the darkness. He was sitting down on the sofa, holding a piece of paper. But due to the darkness, I couldn't make out what paper it was. I stopped on my track while unconsciously staring at him. I decided to go as quick to reach some food from the fridge and back to the living room. I sat next to him, offering him an ice stick.

"I'm sorry." was all he said.

"What for?" I quickly answered him while still offering the ice stick for him.

"I'm no longer your servant. I..don't want anymore." he spoke without turning his head to face me. More like he's mumbling to himself. I didn't understand what he was uttering about.

"I've never considered you my servant anyway. We've been together all these time, so it's more like we're friends you know? And yet, there are still many things I don't know about you." I spoke my words so fast that I didn't know what I was talking about.

For a few seconds, there was silence. None of us spoke anything. The ice sticks in my hands began to melt. I quickly finished mine and got up from my seat to return the other one, but he called me out. He stood up close to me and had his hand reached out for the ice stick.

"Let me have it."

I handed the ice stick to him when he suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me into his arms, hugging me so tight that for a second I thought he wanted to harm me. "I can no longer stay. I'm sorry. I know, there are many things you yet to discover about me. But Ken will explain everything."

He still had my body wrapped in his arms, it felt so warm that I thought it was a dream. Maybe it was a dream after all. I didn't even have the chance to answer anything as I realized the warmness was fading. His arms were leaving me, and when I opened my eyes, he was no longer there. Not even his shadow, nor his faint voice..

---

I sat on the sofa, looking blankly at the melted ice stick on the floor that was left since last night.

I couldn't translate all these feelings I had in my mind right now. Last night, Yamada was so close here, I could even feel him in my soul. I still remembered his soft voice, his nag, his smile and everything. But now, he was no longer here. I didn't even understand anything he told me last night. The feeling I felt at the time was so overwhelming that I couldn't hear anything around me. How did he say he could no longer stay? About Ken? What was exactly going on?

Furthermore, I didn't understand what I was feeling towards him. I felt lost now that he was no longer around. At any moment I felt like crying if only that could bring him back. I wanted his arms to hug me again. Did he feel the same way as I did? If so, why did he leave?

Someone knocked on the door and broke all the conversations I was having in my head. I hastily reached the door to find Ken standing there, sad expression was drawn on his face.

"Are you alright?" I asked him as I brought him inside.

"I should be the one asking you. Are you?" his hands reached for my shoulders and I couldn't resist the tears from forming in the corner of my eyes.

Soon we were sitting down on the sofa and he began to tell me his story. Now I understood a little of what was happening.

I couldn't imagine before that I could feel the way I did now in such a short time we had been together. And after hearing the story, it all made sense to me. Everything Yamada did, the way he acted, how he hugged me before leaving, as if telling me that it was the best thing he could ever do. I wanted to believe he was still here. At least in this earth. Such a vain hope that I wish to believe. Please come back, Yamada.