5

"By the way, Loki, whose house is this actually?" I asked a question as we were having our dinner on a round wooden table.
"I asked you to call me by my real name." he said, putting up a stern look, which had failed horribly to scare me.
"Alright, alright, Yamada-san. So what's your answer?" I continued putting food into my mouth.
"This is my house." He replied shortly.
"I see.. But how is it so clean and tidy? Well..?" I hoped it wasn't a stupid question as I was pretty sure it wasn't stupid. I meant, who had been taking care of all these?
"It's too long to be explained. And I don't want to explain it." he replied flatly, not turning his sight from his food.
"You're no fun."I said in disappointment.
"So are you." he was sticking out his chopsticks in the air to get the last shrimp tempura, when I snapped it and got the food he wanted instead. He took it as a no problem and turned away to pick the other food. I didn't understand him. He had this weird personality where he could be either really nice or really cold and careless.
After dinner, we spent the rest of the night watching movies. Something that we couldn't do in Neverends. Everything in this house was clean and tidy, even the cat smelled so nice and his fur was so smooth. I later discovered that his name was Peach. He did look similar to a peach! His fur was pinkish brown and he had black dots on his legs and tail. He looked quite unusual but cute. His eyes were beach blue and looked so peaceful. I spent most of my time cuddling him. Yamada didn't mind it, though. He was always busy with himself.
It was late at night and we said goodnight to each other, heading to our own room. It was raining heavily outside with thunder every now and then. I shivered at the sound of it, but thank God that I had Peach in my arms.
My room was blue in colour, just like Peach's eyes. It was decorated with Japanese quotes all over the wall. There was a window next to where a cupboard stood. I reached out to the window and from there I could see Yamada's room. Suddenly Yamada came into view as I opened the window a bit more. There was a sudden shock as he was actually staring at my window.
"What are you doing?" I said with shocked expression.
"Nothing. Just wanted to make sure that you're okay." he said, smiling gently. What the hell was that. He was smiling. Freaking smiling. It was so different than a moment ago where, well..I think I had mentioned it before that he was just plainly weird.
"I'm okay though. Are you?" I spoke between the rain that drowned my voice.
"Thank goodness. I'm great. Will be going to sleep soon." he replied, again with a warm smile on his face. Oh my God, I couldn't resist the fact that he was attractive. I almost left a little wonder struck before he called out to me, "Oh well, good night. Sleep tight, Michii-chan." I turned my face to him as he was fading in sight.
What I was thinking? Had I actually been thinking that he was attractive? It wasn't wrong, but considering his behaviour all these time, I couldn't trust myself.
I fell asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow, still with Peach in my arms. He meaowed a few times before calming himself down and fell asleep too. The sound of the thunder was getting scarier than before but I tightened my grip on Peach.
"You always get everything that you want. Dad loves you more than he does to me. Everyone recognizes your works and achievements, meanwhile, here I am, out shined by it all! No one ever knew my name, they only knew me as someone who is related to you. I'm sick of it."
The loud voice sounded faintly in the distance. A familiar voice yet colder than I had ever heard. Slowly, his words were echoing and fading into nowhere. I tried to run and find him but his voice was now disappearing into whisper and finally gone, replaced with the wind that blew over my shoulder.
The scratching sound on the door woke me up with anticipation. I could see Peach scratching on the door with his paw, demanding to get out of the room. I hardly could remember of what had just happened in my dream. Was it even a dream? It looked and felt so real. The thought sent tense to my head as I tried to recall of his words. Could this be any lead of the person who killed me? His hatred towards me said so, even though I couldn't really remember what he said. Did he mentioned my dad?
I shook my head, trying to erase the faint hope of finding the murderer. I didn't even know what to do or how to start everything. No one in this earth who could see me and help me with anything. I was practically dead. So how could I discover anything? It had been a week since Yamada and I landed on earth and we had been spending the time gardening, going out to the park, watching movies, went to the mall just to have a look around, we even had a plan to go to Rabbit Island next weekend. Everything was so fun, but yet now the questions stormed my head again, reminding me of my goal. I had to find the culprit. I felt uneasy just by thinking of my father who must had been mourning the death of his only daughter.
I closed my eyes and lay on my bed again. Yamada came in without saying anything and began to nag at me.
"What are you doing? Letting Peach scratch on your door and you are there, lying as if you don't hear anything?" I almost forgot how warm his smile was last night.
"I've awakened, just not breathing yet." I honestly didn't even know what I was saying.
He came closer to my bed and landed on my body, whispering into my ear, "So you want me to help you with your breathing?" What the hell was he seriously doing?!
"What!??" I got away from my bed and looked at him in disbelief. He grinned at me, giving me difficult time to decide what I was going to say. I quickly turned my cheek away from him and headed to the bathroom with weird feeling all over me. I couldn't believe such person existed. How could he change so drastically or was it just him acting everything up? I could only let out a sigh and tried to look at myself in the mirror.
Whatever it was. I stuck with him so I would just play along with everything. Now there were a lot of things to do. I will  find the murderer. I also wanted to discover who is he, Yamada Kazuhiko.