4

Another day in Neverends.
That morning, I rested my head on my pillow while listening to the birds chirping. The sound was not really satisfying but I tried to concentrate in the details. Their sounds were quite unique, like the sound from a few birds from different species mixed into one. Ah, it was just nice to not doing anything and just stayed in my room. Away from Loki who was acting all weird lately. First he was being an obedient servant, and then he was being all flirty, and then he began to act cold up until now. It all didn't make sense to me.
"Michii..!" Oh well..there he was, starting to disturb my peace yet again.
I didn't respond to his call as I was pretty sure, he knew where I was.
He opened the door of my room and stormed inside.
"Wassup?" I said flatly while turning my face to him, who was walking towards me.
"Oh well, I was worried about you. I thought you were lost in the garden or something." he replied while fixing his hair.
"So you thought I wasn't in my room, then you stormed inside just like that?" I asked him again, pretending to be angry.
"Gomennasai." he said, bowing his back.
"Nah, no problem." I said, getting up from my bed.
"Loki, may I ask you a favour?" I asked him, reaching for his back so he would stop bowing.
"Anything, Michii." he replied with a smile on his face.
"Can you take me home?"
There was a silence.
"Home?" he replied nervously.
"Yeah, my home, on earth. Can you do that? You told me that you can grant any wish?"I said, eyeing Loki.
Loki moved closer to me, so close that I could feel his warm breath..
"Stop it." I turned my cheek away, ignoring his stare.
"Surely." he said after a few moment.
He took my hand in his and asked me to close my eyes. Just like the other time when he did this, another second I felt as if I was in nowhere. The air around me felt humid and I could see nothing at all.
---

Earth.

"Oh well..here we are!" Loki screamed as we landed on a hard wooden floor.
I opened my eyes nervously, trying to grasp what was going to happen next. I looked around me, Japanese style interior with wooden floor and walls. The door was closed while the windows were left opened. I could see the view outside, the trees and mountain in far away. I ran a little to reach for the window.
"Hey, is that mount Fuji?" I yelled in joy and turned my head to Loki, who was stroking a cat on the floor.
As soon as I saw the cat, I ran towards it in excitement.
"Awww!! Kawaii!!!" I took the cat in my hand and stroke his fur, carrying him in my arms.
"Never have I ever wanted this much to be a cat," Loki murmured under his breath.
"What?!" I frowned at him. He let out a sigh and walked away.
"Nothing."
He walked towards the door and opened it wide, revealing the beautiful scenery outside.
"Wahhh!!! That's amazing!" I said while walking towards where Loki was standing.
There was a beautiful rose garden with a pond in the middle. Butterflies flew between the flowers. Such a magnificent sight. Loki was still standing by my side, spacing out. It looked like he was thinking of something just so much that he was lost in his thoughts.
"Are you alright?" I waved my hand in front of him, trying to wake him up from his daydream.
He first looked surprised then began to look annoyed. There was a long pause where I just stood there awkwardly, waiting for his response.
"Let's go." suddenly he reached for my hand and took me outside. We ran through the rose garden and sat down on a bench by the pond.
I was still in quiet mode, thinking about what happened just now. Now everything around me was even more quiet that it made me feel anxious for what was gonna happen next.
"Michii," he broke the silence, while staring straight into the distance.
"Yes?" I said quietly that I almost couldn't hear it myself.
"I'm Yamada Kazuhiko," he turned to me and continuing, "that's my real name. Now you can stop calling me Loki." he looked into my eyes, it almost felt like he was penetrating through my soul.
"Huh?" I said in confusion.
"Well, it doesn't matter how I've been called Loki. It's just the way it is. As for now, it's only the two of us, so I can reveal my true identity."
He stood up from his seat and left me there in confusion, still.
"Hey, wait!" I catched up to him and stopped right away when I saw a great and beautiful waterfall just in front of me. Loki, well, Yamada waved to me while climbing the rocks to get to the waterfall.
Seemed like everything was going to be even more mysterious yet exciting from now on. I was happy to be back, earth.