Chapter 5

"It has been a week since the thing with Jessica happened and we still haven't done a thing about it!" Exclaimed Jordan. "I always got a weird feeling around her. Like she was hiding something and now I know why." Added Natalia. I just sat there looking at the ground while sitting on my sofa with Lucas. I have been really sad here lately. Kind of like a sad mad. Lucas has been coming over everyday ,since we found out, just to make sure I was okay and sometimes to give me a shoulder to cry on. He's so sweet to me. "Briella, we need to know. Does Jessica have any type of grudge with you?" Asked Devon. "No, I don't think so anyways." I said quietly. Lucas grabbed my hand and held it slightly tight to make sure I knew he was right there. "Well she must since she's working with Matthew." Blared Jordan. He seemed quite angry. I stood up and said, "I'm going to get us some drinks." I walked to the kitchen I heard Lucas say something though before he followed me, "Guys y'all need to cut it out on the questions. Give her time. Just imagine if one of us betrayed the others. How would you feel?" He joined me in the kitchen. "Thanks for that ,Lucas." "No problem. You need your space. I know it's hard for you right now. Do you want us to leave?" He asked. "No, I enjoy the company. Especially yours." I said then blushed a bit. "Then we'll stay." He said smiling while we made eye contact for a good few seconds but then we were cut off by the phone. My phone. "5" "that's all it says is 5?" I exclaimed. The others ran into the kitchen with us. "What's going on?" Asked Devon. "Bri got another message." Explained Lucas. "What does it say?" Asked Natalia. "It just says 5." I remarked. *ding* "um now it says 4." I said. "He's counting down!" Exclaimed Jordan. "Everyone go to the basement." Lucas said very seriously. We all went to the basement as told. The guys made me and Natalia hide behind something big. I don't know what it is. They grabbed a few baseball bats then joined us after locking the door behind them. Lucas crouched next to me and held my hand as he peeked around the corner.
Lucas's POV
If this guy even so much as lays a finger on her I will kill him. If he even has the guts to come into this house I will beat him up so bad. I started to tense up and then felt Briella's soft grip tighten on my hand. I looked over and through the little light shining through from under the door I saw her smile. Then she whispered something in my ear. This made me smile and made some of the anger rush away. Her phone had dinged twice since we were down there it was now on 2.
Briella's POV
I just told Lucas that I feel very safe with him next to me. That if he wasn't here I didn't know what I'd do. I'd probably be a goner. He's smiled. *ding* we all looked at eachother then at my phone it said "1". Then all of the sudden we heard the doorbell. After a few seconds my phone went off again it read, "Briella, dont be bashful. Open the door. I want to talk to you. All of you. No harm shall be done you have my word." "Like that's gonna happen." Said Lucas. But then I got up and said, "I think we should see what he wants. I know that when he says you have his word you have his word. He doesn't play about that stuff. Now you're either with me or not." Lucas stood up and walked over to me. Then he nodded and took my hand. The others followed. We reached the door and Lucas still had his bat. I opened it. And there he was. Matthew Taylor in the flesh. "Hello Matthew." "Hi there briella ,Lucas ,Natalia ,Jordan ,   and Devon.  May I come in and talk?" "How do you know our names?" Asked Jordan pretty stupidly. "I apologize for him. He doesn't know what your capable of. But sure come in." "But you do don't you?" He came in and we all walked to the living room. "I believe you all know my girlfriend ,Jessica. She doesn't know y'all know about us though." "We are well aware of her not knowing about us knowing. What's your point?" I asked. "I have a proposition for you. All of you." "Okay. What is it?" Lucas asked. "I'm not telling y'all yet. I suggest you don't let Jessica know that y'all know anything about us. Don't let her know of this meeting. Here's an address and a time. It's a diner off cable street. Meet me there at this time tomorrow. I'll explain my proposition." "Why should we trust you. You've been sending me threats. You killed Shane." "No, Briella I assure you I didn't kill Shane. But this is all to much to tell you here. Meet me at this location. All of you! Your all in so much more danger than you're aware of." With that he left. We all just stood there in shock.

....... Oops