chapter 13

Still Lucas's POV
"She's awake!" Is what I woke up to. I've been staying in the hospital waiting room for the past two nights since the accident with Bri. I jumped up at hearing this comment from Mrs. Davis. "Can I see her?" I asked. "Well do you wanna clean up first. You look at little rough." She asked. I chuckled and then answered ,"I'll just brush my teeth then I'll be in there. I just really want to see her ma'am." "Okay. Maybe you should text the others as well?" She suggested. "I'll get to that." She nodded and walking out. I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Then texted Devon to tell him the news and told him to tell the others. I was met at the door to the waiting room by Mr. And Mrs. Davis. "Go on back. We know this is your first time seeing her since the accident so you go ahead by yourself. She doesn't know you are here so its gonna surprise her." Said Mr.  Davis. "Thank you sir. Oh what room?" I asked. "Room 417." I nodded and walked off to the room. They're right this is my first time seeing her in two days. It feels like a life time. I was one door opening away from seeing her. I took a deep breath and then knocked and slowly opened the door. There she is. Laying there. IV in her hand. Heating pads on her leg and stomach. Stitches on her head. A bandage on her arm. My poor ,sweet Briella. We made eye contact as I continued to walk slowly to her side. "Hey." She whispered. "Hey." I replied. She started to tear up. "They just told me what happened and how long I've been out." "Ya? Its definitely much longer than the doctors expected. I've missed you so much!" I said as I held her hand. "I would say the same except I haven't exactly been conscious." She said. We both laughed. "How are you feeling?" "Well for just coming out of a coma ,pretty good I guess. Have I told you how much I just love your morning look?" I laughed and smiled then answered ,"Yes. Yes, you have. I've been staying here since the accident. I just never came back to see you. I was afraid. Afraid that fear of loosing you would over take me if I saw you." She tightened her grip on my hand. "I'm okay. The doctor came back and said that me lying here these past two days not moving ,has helped me heal majorly. I should be released tomorrow morning." "That's great! How long till everything is healed completely?" "The doctor said I should be back to normal in two weeks. The pain of my rib will still be there ,but not as bad as it is now. I will be able to walk though. We are going to start that process today. The stitches come out in two weeks. The gash was pretty deep." "That's good and bad at the same time." She laughed ,"Ya ,but mostly good." I nodded in agreement. "Well you look beautiful!" I said as I kissed her hand. She laughed "Awe thanks. I think hospital gowns are the next big thing." We laughed. I'm really nervous like jumpy. Should I kiss her or will I hurt her? She looked at me and smiled. "Lucas, its still me. I just have some minor injuries. Don't be afraid of hurting me. I can tell you are. You haven't kissed me. You haven't even tried to hug me. Just don't put all your body weight on me. And don't touch the bandage." I smiled and learned over for a hug. I pulled back just enough to make close eye contact. I rubbed a finger down her cheek then I gently kissed her soft lips. I pulled back and smiled as I sat back in my chair next to her. "There now was that hard?" *knock knock* "Hey princess, they want to start your walking sessions. Lucas, they want this to be just family as much as possible. Come back later? Or wait in the waiting room again? It will be quite some time." Asked Mrs. Davis. I nodded then looked at Briella. She had a tear in her eye. "Don't worry babe. You'll be home tomorrow morning. We'll hang out then. I'll bring some movies." I said trying to coax her. "Actually Lucas, can you pick me up from here and we go somewhere. I don't wanna go home and I don't wanna be here." We looked at her parents. They looked at each other than back at us. Mr. Davis spoke, "That sounds like a great idea." "I'll see you then." I leaned over and kissed her forehead. She smiled and I left the room as the doctor entered. I was met in the waiting room by the police officer. "Hey there ,Lucas. I thought I'd let you know we have Jessica and Matthew in custody. We are waiting for a confession. We have enough evidence to hold them till tomorrow evening." "That's great ,sir! Hope they confess." "Me too. How's the girl?" "She's doing good ,sir. I'm picking her up tomorrow." "That's good. We at the station have Ben praying for her." "Well its definitely worked ,sir. Thank you all!" He nodded ,shook my hand ,then smiled and left.
*next day* Briella's POV
"Now your sure you'll be okay?" Asked my mother. "Yes, mom. You know I will. Lucas is a great driver and we will be home later tonight or this evening I'm not sure yet. I want to see all my friends." I answered as I gathered my things. Lucas will be here in ten minutes. "Okay. Just be careful. Don't walk into the road or parking lot without Lucas being right by your side." "Mama. I'm sixteen years old. Almost seventeen. I know the rules of crossing a road. What happened was on purpose and it won't happen again. Besides the chances of that happening to me again are very ,very low." I smiled. She smiled back, "Okay. Well I see his jeep pulling up I love you dear! Your fathers waiting for me so I need to go." She hugged me lightly. "I love you too ,mom." She let go then walked out of the room. I grabbed my things and put them on the bed. I sat there waiting for my boyfriend to walk through the door. I am gonna hug the heck out of him. I hear foot steps. There he is. I squealed and jumped up and ran towards him then hugged him. He was startled. "Hey babe! Should you be running? Not that I don't like this." I pulled back and held his hands. "Doctors said I defied the odds. I can run and it doesn't hurt. I only have to take these pain meds when it does hurt. My rib is okay there's like the tiniest crack ever. My bruise doesn't hurt bad. I'm fine." He laughed and smiled. "That's great babe!" We kissed for a second then went to grab my things. "Okay this bag is the heaviest so you get that one." "Oh well thank you." He said sarcastically while laughing. I laughed. I grabbed the other two light bags and we headed out the door. We got everything in the jeep then jumped in. "So I have big news for you! We got them. The doctor asked us what happened we told her everything ,and just so happens there was a police officer behind her listening. So now both Jessica and Matthew are in custody down at the station!" He exclaimed. I smiled, "Oh my goodness! Seriously? That's amazing! Did they confess yet?" "No, not yet. They have evidence to hold them till this evening though." "So what are you waiting for? Go to the station. I can get her to confess." He looked scared. "But Bri she tried to kill you. Are you sure you can do this?" "Ya but she failed. I can so do this." I smiled big and he finally let out a breath. "Okay. Then we are off to the station." He smiled. I know its a nervous smile but hey I'll take it.

Please make sure to vote and comment your thoughts and opinions. Also if you ever want to talk about my book on your wall use the hashtag #twt thanks. Enjoy ;-;