Chapter 5

NO ONES POV

       Alison sat at the usual lunch table and smiled at the already seated Hanna and Aria.
"Hey Ali, how are you?" Aria tilted her head and smiled. Alison smiled weakly.
"I'm doing alright." Alison sighed before continuing.

"It's been tough, my dad can barely hold himself together. Jason's been taking care of the funeral preparations." Aria nodded sympathetically her face dropping.
"How are you though Ali?" Hanna asked smiling softly.
"Uh yeah I'm doing ok" she smiled at the girls in front of her.

Emily walked over to the table and sat down next to Alison, placing her tray on the table. Alison glanced at the girl beside her, it felt like her stomach was doing somersaults. Emily fixed her gaze on her lap and Alison turned her body away from her. Emily coughed and stabbed at her lunch. Could this get any more awkward?

"Geez Em, what did the pasta ever do to you?" Spencer laughed. Emily looked up pulled back into reality.
"Nothing, sorry just nerves, I've got a swim meet after school." Emily lied through her teeth, faking a smile at the group. Alison pursed her lips.

      "I Thought your next meet was Thursday?" Hanna asked tilting her head. Emily laughed nervously shifting in her seat.
       "Your right, guess I'm just stressed out a bit."
      "Why? Is everything ok?" Aria raised her eyebrows. Alison glanced at the girl beside her feeling slightly guilty.

       "Yeah everything's great I think I just need some sleep" Emily moved some hair behind her ear nodding her head. She wasn't lying this time. She was stressed and she was tired, but she'd never admit her reason for loosing sleep.

        The blonde girl sitting beside her was on her mind twenty four seven. Emily relived the kiss they shared every time she closed her eyes. She stayed up most of Sunday night berating herself for rejecting Alison, but she knew it wouldn't have made a difference. Emily's feelings were completely one sided Alison only kissed her because she needed comfort. Obviously There's only tension between them because Alison regrets kissing Emily.

      Right? Alison is only avoiding eye contact and any physical contact for that matter because she felt weird about kissing Emily. There were NO feelings there whatsoever. That must be it Emily thought.

      Emily jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up to a confused looking Alison.
    "Em it's time for class" Emily thanked her for the warning collected her things and quickly jogged to catch up with Hanna who was on her way to History. Was Emily really that stressed because Alison kissed her? Alison shook her head and followed behind the girls

//

      "Hey Em?" Emily nodded her head while she copied down notes from the board.
      "What's going on between you and Alison?" Emily snapped her head up and turned to stare at Hanna.
      "I don't, what do you mea-" Hanna laughed at the expression on Emily's face.

      "Woah calm down. I just mean you two have been acting weird around Each other all day. I didn't want to say anything at lunch but you've both been acting like sad puppies" Emily sighed in relief and ran a hand through her hair.

       "Nothing's wrong Hanna we just got in a little argument. It's not a big deal" Hanna glanced at the girl in the desk beside her.
        "Really when did that happen?" Hanna spoke softly when the teacher looked up from his desk. She flashed a smile at him before focusing her attention back to her gloomy friend.  Emily shook her head and closed her eyes. 
      "Sunday, I went to her house after all the police left to comfort her and we just had a falling out its nothing serious." Emily muttered playing with her pen. Something bigger was obviously bothering the girl but Hanna just nodded frowning at her words, she didn't want to press the issue.

       "I'm sorry Emily, I'm sure you two will work things out. Maybe your argument started because she was upset. I mean she'd just found her mother dead in her backyard." Emily nodded and stared at the notebook in front of her.

      "I'm sure that's why, I just hate not being able to be there for her." Hanna nodded in understanding and they both turned their focus to the teacher when he got up to teach the lesson.

//

      "Hey can I get a vanilla Frappe? Thanks" Hanna waited for her order and walked over to the couches.
      "Who's idea was it to come to the brew today?" Aria raised her hand.
      "I love you," Spencer laughed wiping he whipped cream off of her upper lip.
      "I really needed this." Aria smiled and laughed at Spencer who rolled her eyes and sat back on the sofa.

      "I'm so serious, Jenna Marshall was really stressing me out in my study group today." Hanna choked on her drink.
       "I know her." The blonde shook her head and rolled her eyes.
         "I saw her at Emily's swim practice a while back god she was such a b-" Hanna was cut off when Alison gasped and sat up putting a hand to her mouth.

     "Ali what's wrong?" Emily asked panicked.
Alison shook her head.
      "Someone just sent me this."
Alison turned her phone to show the girls. A video of Alison's mom came into view on the girls phone she was being buried.
       "Oh My God!" Aria hugged a teary eyed Alison.
         "We have to go to the police right now, who would send you that!" Hanna shook her head in disbelief.

       "A" Everyone looked at Spencer.
"Check the message it was sent from A wasn't it?" Alison read the message and nodded.

        "What does this mean? Do you know A?" Alison choked out.
          "No I don't I just assumed becaus-"
"You got a message too" Emily finished for her. Spencer shook her head.
          "I got a package at my doorstep last weekend." Everyone sat up to hear her story.

      "It was full of old baby toys and pictures."
She left out the part about her dad. She didn't know why but she felt like she should keep the information to herself.

       "I got a text." Emily admitted. Hanna turned to her.
        "What did it say?" Emily shook her head.
     "Whoever A is threatened me with something, a secret." Hanna furrowed her eyebrows and wrapped an arm around Emily's back.
           "That was about a month ago" Aria frowned.
           "Em why didn't you tell us?" Emily looked at her lap.
         "I thought it was just someone from school trying to get to me." Hanna pulled Emily closer.
           "Well we have to go to the police!" Hanna whisper shouted staring at the girls around her looking around making sure no one around them heard. All The girls froze when their phones buzzed simultaneously.

Watch your backs bitches, try and tell the police and I'll take you down, it's open season on liars and I'm hunting...
Kisses
-A

      Hanna shook her head in anger, Spencer stood up and checked their surroundings before gathering her things.
       "I don't think I want this anymore." Hanna threw away what was left of her vanilla frappe and followed the girls out of the door.

//
Thank you so much for reading you guys! It means the world to me I'm gonna try to update everyday :)
Please comment and vote!