Chapter 8

"Emily are you sure you want to go over there?" Emily nodded her head and looked up at Spencer.
       "I just want to talk to her Spence. Maybe I can get her to confess before all of this gets too crazy." Spencer nodded her head and the girls walked in silence down the sidewalk of Rosewoods town center.

       "Well I was thinking we could go to the brew?" Emily laughed at Spencer.
        "We go there so often I'm surprised we don't have our own beds there." Spencer smiled.
          "I wouldn't mind if I could drink their coffee all day. Plus I'm sure Aria wouldn't argue Mr. Fitz owns the place." Emily stopped and turned to Spencer.

          "Really? No wonder Aria takes so many "bathroom breaks" when we're there. No I'm kidding they're cute together." Spencer laughed.
            "If you can look past the teacher student thing. I have to admit it's pretty hot." Emily shook her head. She was surprised when she looked up walking straight into someone's chest.

          "Oh, funny bumping into you two." Spencer pulled Emily back when a smiling Noel Kahn stood in front of them.
           "I was meaning to apologize for my outburst the other day at school. I just wanted to let you know there's no hot water when it comes to you guys." Emily raised her eyebrows and looked at Spencer.
            "I mean it, Alison's a bitch but um you girls are innocent until proven guilty so to speak." He smirked.

            "I'm sure you've heard the rumors about what Alison did? Well they aren't rumors I can assure you." He smiled at Spencer and Emily.
            "She's dangerous. I think It would be in your best interest to stay away from her." Emily furrowed her eyebrows.
           "Yeah well we can make our own friends Noel thanks for the warning." She rolled her eyes and dragged Spencer behind her as they walked off.

           "Emily what was that!?" Spencer questioned the pacing girl as they turned the corner.
            "I don't know!" Spencer grabbed her hand to get her to stop walking.
           "He's telling the truth." Emily rolled her eyes when Spencer spoke.
          "Don't you think I know that? Hearing it from him doesn't make it any less harder than it already is. I mean It's bad enough that Alison was keeping something this huge from us! I don't even know who she is anymore and people are continuously throwing that in my face." Emily sighed and leaned into the brick wall behind her.

         "She lied to all of us Emily we know how it feels. We were friends with her." Spencer stared into Emily's eyes as she said this trying to get her point across.
         "Yeah well you weren't dating her were you!" Spencer sighed and put a hand to her head.
           "You weren't even together that long." Emily stared blankly at the girl in front of her taken aback at the comment, before she turned her back and began walking away.

        "Where are you going?" Spencer shouted trying to catch up with the girl.
        "I'm going to Alison's." Spencer shook her head.
        "You can't not like this you might say something you'll regret you're angry. I'm sorry just come over to my house and cool off." Emily laughed.

      "Playing mother dearest now too? I'm only going over there to talk. Maybe get some answers out of her Spencer. Isn't that what you guys wanted me to do in the first place?" Emily rolled her eyes pulling her arm from Spencer's grasp.

  //
"Hey Ali." Emily rested on the girls doorframe.
"You know you can come in right? You always stop right there." Alison laughed taking Emily's hand and they both sat on her bed. Emily smiled.
Alison intertwined their hands, and placed her head on Emily's shoulder. Emily sighed and looked down at her.

"How was your day?" Emily asked the girl beside her.
       "Boring" Alison laughed.
"What about yours?" Emily bit her lip and shrugged.
        "Unpleasantly eventful but let's not worry about that." Alison leaned up to kiss Emily but the dark haired girl flinched and turned her head. Alison's lips pressed against her cheek instead. She frowned, Emily rubbed her shoulder.

      "I like you a lot you know that?" Alison smiled as she spoke. Emily was about to respond when Alison held her hand up.
"And that's why I need to tell you something about me, about my old school." Alison sat up and turned her body to face Emily. The dark haired girl furrowed her eyebrows. Was Alison going to confess?
"I um, I didn't want to tell you this because I'm not proud of the way I used to act. But I'd rather you hear it from me than from Noel Kahn."

Alison tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She looked up at Emily. Emily swallowed ready to hear all about how she almost killed Bethany.
"At my old school I was... A bitch. I was the cruelest person there. Everyone was afraid of me, I could bend them to my will. Get anyone to do anything I wanted." Alison paused to take in Emily's reaction.
"I manipulated people. Everyone either hated me or they loved me. And I moved here and changed schools to start over. I didn't want to be that person anymore." She smiled at Emily.

     "I knew Noel I knew he was cheating on a girl I was familiar with. It wasn't any of my business but I exposed him and Bethany and that's why he hates me." Alison bit her lip and looked at the girl situated In front of her.
        "Why are you telling me this now?" Emily shook her head as she asked.
         "I just felt like you should know." Alison furrowed her eyebrows. Anger bubbled in Emily's stomach. She felt sick.

       "Why won't you tell me the truth?" Emily whispered.
         "What are you talking about?" The dark haired girl shook her head and stood up.
          "I promised the girls I wouldn't say anything but I can't keep this in any longer."

        "I know about what you did Alison. I know you exposed Noel and Bethany. She fought with you and you pushed her off of the roof."
        "What are you talking about?! Is that what Noel told you?" Emily rolled her eyes and backed away when Alison moved towards her.
          "It doesn't matter who told me I know it's true I've seen the video." Alison's eyes widened.

           "Then the video should show you what really happened! I didn't push her she jumped!" Emily shook her head and walked to the door.
             "But you'll believe Noel over me, because I'm a psychopath right a criminal!?" Alison chuckled
              "I don't know ok! I don't know! Are you?" Alison flinched as if Emily had slapped her.

             "Who told you! Was it Noel?" Emily rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.
             "Ali it doesn't matter! It was a video from A!" Alison laughed.
             "And you believe A over me?! We don't even know who A is?" Emily shook her head incredulously.
             "I'm not even sure we know who you are Ali." Emily weakly responded. Alison's jaw dropped and she tearfully stepped back.

        "You know me Emily, how can you eve-"
"Do we know you Alison? We only met you three months ago that's not a long time." Emily shrugged.
       "Not a long time? You know everything about me!" Alison shouted before she sat down on her bed swallowing and looking up to keep back tears.
        "I thought I knew everything about you Alison, but there's so much I didn't know so much I still don't." Alison shook her head and let the first year fall she turned her back to Emily.

        "All I know is I'm not sure I can do this."
//

Thanks oh so much for reading!! I'm seeing a lot of nice comments. It means so much to me. Don't forget to comment and vote!
P.s I do not own any of the characters