Cheerleading

Stefan came and picked me up the next day. Aunt Judy asked if I had to be driven to school again and I told her no, that a friend was coming to get me. She was kinda happy with that because she got to sleep in longer. I told her I would let her know when I ever needed a ride in the morning.

Second period History came and I sat next to Lilla.

"Hey, do you mind if I stay and watch you guys practice today?" I asked her a little nervously.

She gave a big smile. "That would be great! Thinking about joining?"

I made a face and shook my head. "Not really. I'm not into the whole, cheerleading thing."

She shrugged. "Why are you coming to watch?"

What was I going to tell her? That I was a loser and didn't have a car to drive home so I had to take the bus and I wanted to stay so Stefan would take me home? No... What about saying I just wanted to watch her and Stefan? Great. I should have just lied to her and told her I was thinking about joining.

"I just... I wanna..." I stuttered then pulled it together. "I was curious on your routines. My cousin was in cheerleading years ago when she was in school and I was able to help them out. I guess I'm good at like choreography or something." Okay, so that wasn't totally a lie.

"That would be great!" She told me with wide eyes and a big smile.

"Now what are you excited about, Lilla?" Stefan asked, leaning around me.

"Alazia is going to help us out with some of our cheers after school today!"

He looked at me. "Really?"

"I... Uhm... Yeah. Yeah I am." I managed to get out.

"I thought you weren't a cheerleader."

"I'm not. I-"

Lilla cut me off. "She used to help out with the choreography when her cousin was in cheerleading."

I just nodded.

"Well about time they find someone good. Their cheers are terrible!" He laughed and looked at Lilla.

She made a face and stuck her tongue out at him. "Our cheers are awesome!"

"Whatever you say." He looked at me. "So I'm taking you home again?"

I nodded again. "Sure."

"Alright." He sat back in his seat.

Lilla looked at me, wide eyed. "Again!? What does he mean, again?!"

"He took me home yesterday." I told her.

The bell rang and we stood up and walked down the hall.

"Well why?!" She prodded.

I told her about how Damon basically made fun of my size, hit me in the face and then shoved me in a locker.

"He's an ass. Extremely good looking, but an ass. I guess him and this Anna chick kinda have like a thing going on." She said as we sat down in math.

"Really? She kinda stood up for me in gym."

She shrugged. "They do that. Almost like an on and off relationship kinda thing. It's complicated. She's strange. Keeps to herself but has a few friends and can be vicious."

I sunk in my chair. "Wonderful."

"Just don't make her mad or mess with Damon in any way. She'll leave you alone."

I nodded and before I knew it that class was over and we headed to lunch.

"Oh my gosh! Liz, guess what!?" Lilla said to a redheaded girl across from me.