Talking To The Parents

We sat around a big table and I pulled out my phone as we waited for our food to come. I pulled up Skype and saw that my parents were on. I pushed the call button to call them for a video chat.

"Hi mom! Hi dad!" I said when they accepted. I held the phone in front of me, looking at their smiling faces. I had the camera on the front so they could see me.

"Hi there sweetie!" They both said at once.

"How was graduation?!" My mom asked, excited.

I smiled. "Awesome. I was nervous, but it was great."

"Well congratulations." My dad told me, nodding.

"So where's this boyfriend of yours?" My mom asked, holding her hands together.

She was excited and really wanted to meet him. I already knew this through the e-mails we had sent.

I smiled again. "Okay, okay." I leaned closer to Stefan and he leaned in towards me, smiling and waving at my phone. "Here he is!" I told them.

"Hi." He said to them.

My mom put her hands to her face. "Oh my gosh! He IS handsome!"

My dad nodded. "Nice to meet you, Stefan. I'd shake your hand, but I can't."

He smiled and laughed. "That's okay, sir."

"Please, call me Henry."

Stefan nodded once. "Okay. Henry."

"You can call me, Marie." My mom chimed in.

Stefan smiled. "Hi, Marie."

She smiled as big as I do whenever I'm with Stefan. She apparently liked him, I was just wondering how I was going to tell her about the engagement.

"Oh, will you two please just give each other a little kiss before you show us everyone else!?" My mom asked, excitedly.

My dad shook his head. "Marie, you don't ask that. I prefer to not see my youngest daughter kiss her boyfriend."

"Actually sir... Sorry, Henry. I'm now her fiance." Stefan told them.

"You're her WHAT?! I just met this guy and you're ENGAGED! So help me god! If I could come through her phone, I would and have a SERIOUS talk with you and then strangle you!" My dad yelled. It was probably loud enough for the entire place to hear.

Damon sat next to Stefan and spit his soda out, choking again like he had with the water.

"That's so sweet!" My mom said. "Ignore your father. You know how he is. He was the same way with Penelope when she got engaged and he knew her boyfriend for the two years she had him."

Stefan seemed a little scared but relaxed as I place my hand on his leg.

"Well... Now that that is out of the way-" I started but my mom stopped me.

"Where's the ring and when and how did he do it?"

"We have no ring yet, Marie." Stefan told her. "We will go look at some tomorrow."

She smiled and nodded. "And when and where did this happen?"

"It happened just tonight. Graduation was over pretty much, Stefan took the mic, made a sweet speech about how he loves me and our journey through school. Then he proposed."

"That's so sweet, dear!" She said, clasping her hands together. My dad stayed quiet.

"Now, would you like to meet everyone else before our food comes?" I asked.

"Oh yes! Please!" My mom said.

I smiled and stood up and walked to Damon, putting my head on his shoulder and holding the phone in front of us.

"Mom, this is Damon, Stefan's brother."

Damon smiled and waved.

"So you're the ass hole that was picking on my daughter! Throwing her in the locker and hurting her in gym class!" My dad said, scowling.

"Dad, dad. It's okay. He's like my brother now. He protects me like I'm his sister."

"Oh, what a VERY attractive young man! Such beautiful eyes!" My mom said smiling.

Of course Damon absorbed this. "Thank you!" He smiled and blew her a kiss.

She laughed and pretended to catch it. I rolled my eyes.

"Now on to their parents. This is their mom, Jessica and their dad, George." I walked over to them and held the phone out.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Gilland." Jessica said.

"Oh please. Call me Marie and him Henry." My mom told her like she told Stefan.

Jessica nodded.

George smiled and waved. He didn't really have much to say. He never did really. Stefan was like his dad and Damon was like his mom.

I moved to Aunt Judy then. They talked for a bit, asking if she was taking good care of me. Aunt Judy told her she was.

I went back to my seat. "Food should be coming soon." I told my parents.

"Can we just see that kiss real quick?" My mom asked again. My dad just sighed.

"Okay, okay." I smiled and laughed and pulled Stefan's face to mine and gave him a gentle kiss.

"Awwww!" My mom said and clapped.

"Ewww!" Damon said, throwing a piece of bread stick at us, laughing.

"Shut up, Damon!" I tossed it back and looked at my parents. "Food is coming out now. I will talk to you some other time. Keep the e-mails coming!"

"We will dear. And Skype us whenever you can!"

I nodded. "I will. Bye mom. Bye dad."

"Bye sweetheart." My dad said. "And buy, Stefan. You take care of her and if you hurt her I WILL come and find you!"

Damon laughed. "I'll make sure he doesn't!" He said, leaning over Stefan to talk better.

My mom laughed. "Bye dear. Bye Stefan."

I clicked the disconnect button and logged out. I put my phone in my purse and leaned into Stefan. "So? Ya like them?"

He smiled and kissed my head. "They don't seem that bad. Other than your dad threatening me."

Damon laughed. "That's great!"

"He won't hurt you." I told him.

The waiter put my salad in front of me, along with the food everyone else had gotten and we started to eat.

*Author's Note: Another down. Almost done guys. Enjoy!*