Ear Explanation

Morning came and I saw Stefan sitting next to me in my bed. He had the tv turned on and was watching what looked like CSI.

He looked over at me. "Good morning."

I smiled lightly at him. I did kinda remember what happened last night. I was afraid he would judge me or something. But he seemed okay.

"What are you watching?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Just CSI. I've been up for an hour or so now."

"What time is it?" I asked and looked at my clock.

"Noon." He told me.

I rubbed my head. "I have a headache." I told him.

He handed me a bottle of ibuprofen. "Take one. It will help."

I took one and grabbed the bottle of water I had next to my bed to swallow it.

"On the plus side, you didn't throw up last night." He told me.

I nodded. "Yeah. But, I never seem to. I just.. Well, you saw." I curled in a little ball.

He laughed a bit. "It's fine, I promise. You didn't get hurt or in trouble with anyone."

"That's true but..."

"But what?" He tilted his head a bit and looked at me.

"I'm sorry I like acted like a stripper in front of you. And I really didn't mean to kiss you either." I looked down at the blankets.

He shook his head. "You were fine. I didn't let you go any farther cause I knew you would probably hate yourself in the morning."

"Thanks." I said, still looking down at my blankets.

He stood up. "Wanna find something to eat?"

"Yes but, wait." I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back to the bed with me.

"What's wrong?" He looked at me and seemed concerned.

"You're curious and wanna know." I told him, looking back down at the blanket.

I seen a slightly confused look on his face in the corner of my eye. "Curious about what?"

I wasn't able to tell him. I looked at him and pulled my hair back, twisting it into a messy bun and letting my ears show. They had longer tips then some elves you see. They were maybe an inch bigger then any normal human's ear.

I saw him staring at them. I was afraid he was disgusted or something by them. But in stead of looking away or leaving, he took his hand and ran a finger gently over my left one. He traced it, up to the point and took it between his thumb and index finger.

I sat there watching him. He looked at my ear and it was almost like he was amazed. I smiled a bit. I felt so much better knowing that he wasn't repulsed by my ears.

"How are your ears like this?" He asked in a low voice, as if he was afraid of scaring me.

"Well..." I took his hand away. "Let me show you." I got up and grabbed my laptop off my desk and sat on the bed again.

He played with my ears some more, making sure he was gentle so that he didn't hurt me, but I knew he wouldn't. He tilted his head a bit as he looked at them.

When my laptop turned on I went to Google.

"Remember how I'm from Iceland?" I said as I typed.

He nodded.

"I came from a little elf town called, Hafnarfjörður."

He let go of my ear and looked at me. "Elf town?"

"Well, not all of us are elves, but most are. That's why I'm so small and have these pointed ears. It also explains why I'm so nervous and skittish of everything." I explained to him and brought up Wikipedia.

"What are you looking at?" He asked and looked over my shoulder.

"Huldufólk." I told him.

"What's that?"

"It means, hidden people. We're a legend in Iceland." I slid the laptop to him. "Just read."

He pulled it on his lap and started reading.

I watched him curiously.

"You're imaginary?" He asked.

"We're supposed to be. But clearly I'm not. People there do actually know we exsist. Some of them anyway. Others think we are just invisible." I explained to him.

He finished reading and gave the laptop back to me. "Wow. That's really cool actually."

I smiled and closed out and went to turn the laptop off.

"Is... Is that Legolas from Lord of the Rings?" He asked.

I blushed a little. "Yeah... I love him and he's an elf too."

"Does he exist?"

I shook my head. "Sadly no. He's just a character played by Orlando Bloom. But there are elves like him. Taller, smaller ears and warriors. Not all of us are warriors like people portray us as."

"That's cool though. So you're an elf..." He smiled at me.

I smiled back. "Yeah. But promise me you won't tell anyone? No one can know. And you're not going to see me with my hair up like this. In gym I have it in a loose ponytail."

"I promise I won't tell anyone." He said.

"Thank you." I leaned into him and he gently kissed my head.

"They are really cute."

I laughed a little. "Thanks."

"We should get something to eat. It's one o'clock now."

I nodded and he held his hand out to me to help me up. I took it and stood up and we walked downstairs.

*Author's Note: Hope ya like this. Enjoy!*