Practice

I asked the cheerleaders to show me one of their routines. I looked at their coach. She was only about 5'2" with long black hair and green eyes. Her name was Kyrie.

She looked at me. "So?"

"They aren't good at moving together." I admitted to her, hoping she wouldn't get mad at me.

"Well no shit."

Lilla stepped up. "Kyrie, she's new and shy. Don't be so mean to her."

Kyrie sighed. "Sorry."

I just nodded and showed them a different way to move their feet.

It took them a while but they finally got it. I also showed them where to position themselves and how to move their arms. I had them do a few run throughs.

"Not bad, new girl." Kyrie said as she watched them practice.

I looked out past them and saw Stefan was watching me. I smiled a little at him then Jim came running up and tackled him. I laughed a little. I'm sure he didn't get hurt, so it was actually really funny.

"How was that!?" Lilla asked.

I nodded at them. "Much better!"

They clapped together. Why the hell was I helping these guys? I was nothing like them.

Kyrie asked coach Banner if he would split the field in half so we could practice the main, big routine. He said yeah and made all the players go to the far end of the field to practice.

"Show me what ya got." I said to them and they gave me their routine.

"How is it?" Liz asked.

I tilted my head back and fourth. "Okay. But how about..." I walked over to a girl with light brown hair. "What's your name?"

"Lena." She told me.

"Okay, Lena. Can you do a back hand spring?"

She nodded and showed me.

"Good. I want you here." I moved her to the front.

I continued to position everyone where I wanted them.

"Lilla, you're a flyer?" I asked her.

"Sure am!" She told me.

"I want you here in the middle." I moved some of the other girls around her.

I asked for them to do a run through of what I just told them to do.

"Not bad. That looks so much better!" Kyrie told me.

I smiled. "Thanks."

Kyrie clapped her hands together. "Okay girls! Done for the day. See ya back here tomorrow!" She looked at me. "Will we see you as well?"

I nodded. "Sure."

Everyone thanked me and Stefan came up to me.

"You done?" He asked.

I nodded and noticed the rest of the girls were trying to keep their cool. It was so obvious. There was no way Stefan didn't know they were head over heels for him. Except for Lilla. I guess she wasn't like the others. It made me a little uncomfortable because they looked at me in awe as well because the shy new girl is getting a ride from the hot quarterback. I tried to ignore them.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow." I turned to them.

They all nodded in unison. Really? They could all nod and squeal as one but they couldn't do a simple cheer routine? Whatever. I followed Stefan to his car.

"So how was it?" He asked.

"Eh. They have a lot of work to do." I told him. "But how about you? You got slammed to the ground."

He laughed. "I'm so used to it. So, are you coming to the game Friday?"

"Yeah. Lilla really wants me to, so I guess I will."

"Ya know there's a party after if we win."

I nodded. "Yeah, I know. Lilla said I should go but I've never been to one before. She said I could hang out with her or you."

"You can. It's okay. I'll bring you there and home."

I nodded. "Thanks. Well, I'll see you tomorrow."

He smiled and nodded.

I got out of the car, told him bye and walked into my house. I wasn't going to cry tonight. I was accepted as one of the cheerleaders, even if I wasn't one. I felt so much better about myself. As for Damon... I was probably just going to ave to try ignoring him.

*Author's Note: What do ya think guys? Enjoy!*