Coming home from tour (Part 2)

Michael (14)

Nobody really understood how much your dad meant to you. You are an active self harmer and with him gone a big chunk of your life, it got hard. He knew how you felt.

Today is the day your dad comes home. You throw on a short leave t-shirt not thinking about the fresh scars on your wrist. You grab your phone and stick it in your back pocket of your jeans and you leave with your mom to the airport.

Once you get there, you wait at baggage claim for him to come from arrivals. You anxiously wait to see him come down on the escalators.

After a couple minutes you see him and burst into tears. You run to him and hug tightly. "D-daddy! You're h-home!" You say not letting go of him. Your mom picked up Michael's bags and your dad picks you with your head on his shoulder.

As you all are walking to the car the fresh cuts from yesterday started to itch. A sign that they were healing. You itch them and that caught his attention. "Oh baby. I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you." He brings your wrist up and kisses them. "Never again Y/N." You nod your head yes and say, "Now that you're home I won't do it anymore."

Ashton (1)

Ashton, your dad left for tour when you were just 3 months old. You now kinda understand how to walk and you babble words. But never a clear word.

Today was the day your daddy was coming home. Your mom drove to the airport and you guys sat by the gate.

About 10 minutes later, your dad walks out. Your mom sets you on your feet and you walk to Ashton. "Dada!" He smiles and hugs you. Your mom smiles in surpise. Your first word. "Oh my baby is growing up!"

Luke (17)

College. That was the one thing on your mind. Your half way through senior year and you got a letter from college you want to go to. But you wanted your dad there with you. Luckily he was coming home that day.

You get ready, wearing jeans and a red flannel. You drive with your mom to the airport. The letter still in your hand. You are slightly shaking from nerves thinking you aren't getting in.

You arrive at the airport and head to the gate. Once your dad walks out, you run and hug him tightly. "Hey baby girl!" You smile and hand him the envelope. "Open it. I don't if I got in or not." He nods ams opens it up and smiles big. "My baby's going to college!!" You smile and he says, "I'm so proud of you Y/N! Your going to be a great woman."

Hey y'all. I kinda sucked at writing this.

This week was really hard, I almost quit sports medicine but I'm continuing😧

Anyways I'll try to do another update soon.....