DDM- You get Cancer

Calum(15)

Headaches. The littlest light sparked your migraines. It was so bad, you had to miss so much school. You quickly fell behind in school.

Your parents got concerned when all you wanted was pain killers and a pitch black room. That's when your dad decided it was time to get this checked out.

"Y/n? Baby it's time to get up." Your dad quietly said. You just groaned. "Baby you have a scan today. You need to get up." You just laid there quiet. Calum sighed and picked you up. You just laid your head on his shoulder, keeping your eyes closed. He placed you in the car and drove to the appointment.

Once you got to the appointment, you cautiously opened your eyes. Calum looked over and smiled sadly. "Lets go in baby." You got out of the car and walked in holding your dads hand tightly. Being in a hospital was nerve-wracking for any teen. But for you it was the worst because that's where your mom died.

You shortly got called back and changed into a paper thin gown. You came out of the bathroom and sat on the bed with your dad. "Dad what if something is seriously wrong with me?" Calum sighed and hugged you tightly. "I am not going to promise everything will be okay but I can tell you this; you are a strong girl and I know you can fight anything. You are just like your mother."

Soon a nurse brought you to the scan.

A few days later:

You and your dad sat nervously in the doctor's office. The doctor came in with a sad look. He sat down and looked directly into your eyes. "I'm so sorry to inform you that you have brain cancer. There is a tumor and I can remove it." You just instantly broke down in tears. Calum hugged you tightly.

Ashton(3)

Like many toddlers; you were playful and always getting into trouble. But something wasn't right when you had bruises everywhere and you wouldn't eat.

Aston finally decided to take you to the doctor. They ran so many tests on you. Your mom and dad took this hard. Their baby girl/boy is in so much pain but no one knows why.

But when the doctor called your world was changed forever. Cancer. Leukemia to be exact. One of the most popular cancers. Your parents could not believe the news. It broke their hearts. The first born child has cancer. They never imagined cancer would strike the family but it did.

Luke (21)

You knew cancer ran in the family but you kept it on the down low when you got diagnosed with breast cancer.

Breast cancer ran on your mom's side. Your grandma had it and now you do. You've had for 3 months and had a double mastectomy. You went through it alone. No one knew not even your dad. Your dad was your best friend.

One problem came around, the annual Christmas party. You didn't know what to do. You lost your hair and you looked sick. You didn't want to go but you knew if you didn't go, they would suspect something.

Once you arrived you went straight up to your mom and dad. You quietly asked them to go somewhere private. The questions kept coming. "Why do you look sick?" "What's wrong?" You sat their quietly and removed your beanie to reveal a bold head. They gasped. "Mom and dad I got diagnosed with breast cancer 3 months ago and had a double mastectomy. I didn't want to tell anyone. I'm sorry." They hugged you tightly.

Michael (1)

You just turned one and was extremely sick. Cancer struck you at 3 months old. Bone cancer.

The tumor ate away at your right leg. It was devastating. Your bone was almost completely gone.

Chemo wasn't working anymore and you kept getting infections. The doctors ultimately said removing the lower half your leg would be the only option.

This made your parents so mad. Why did their baby get cancer? Why was it you not them? These questions always came to your dad. He was the one who took it the hardest. His baby is suffering and removing your leg seemed inhumane. His poor baby was so sick and fighting for her/his life.

Your parents made the decision to remove your leg for the best of you. When the surgery was over, they broke down in tears and they hated seeing you like this.

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time. I went through a lot. I lost my great aunt in August to liver cancer. It was very sudden and didn't get to say goodbye. I started sophomore year of high school in August shortly after my aunt passed. I had foot surgery in October and am still recovering. Updates will be slow and please understand I'm extremely busy.