gone

summary: you say goodbye to the doctor.

....

you had finally finished writing the damned letter.

it was finally time to go.

you looked over the letter one more time, reading it through, and although the words seemed harsh and messy, they were just how you were feeling.

you were done with the way you felt and decided to something about it. It was always amy, rory and the doctor. it's like no one had time for you, and every time this happened, you began to believe you weren't needed anymore.

what's the point of staying when no one wants you to?

the letter included you apologising and a final goodbye. and standing up from your chair you grabbed the letter and placed it on the control panel gently.

the doctor was somewhere around the tardis, and you were supposed to be asleep but you felt as if you had to do this.

you looked around the blue box, one last time, smiling at the memories of the adventures but also frowning at the memories that made you want to disappear.

as soon as you stepped out you grabbed your jumper and your backpack, wanting to leave without waking anyone up. carefully, you got ready and walked to the tardis, stroking it goodbye one last time.

"thank you" you murmured, resting your head against the blue box. the tardis, seemed to reply with a soft hum of sadness. she really liked you.

you crept out the room and on wards to the front door. opening the door, you quickly looked back at everything before leaving. and you shut the door quietly, putting the hood of your jacket up and ran. where to? Who knew.

you didn't even know.

you began walking again to catch your breath and you took this moment to look up at the sky. you stared at the moon, and remembered seeing it for the first time up close.

as much as it hurt to leave, you could never forget what you saw, ever.

pulling your bag closer to you, you remembered you were doing this for the right reason. you didn't want to become a burden to them. you didn't want to slow them down.

however, when you carried on walking, you heard the sound you thought you'd never hear again.

"y/n, what are you doing?" the doctor yelled. you could hear his voice wavering, upset evident in his voice.

you turned around to find him searching your face desperately for an answer but it was blank.

you noticed in his hands was the letter.

"i told you not to follow me" you said quietly.

you turned your head away momentarily, biting your lip and blinking away your tears before you turned back. the doctor stood closer to you, and the tear drops on his cheeks reflected from the light of the moon.

"im sorry doctor. i just can't be here r-right now. and i don't know if i'll ever come back. but all i know is that i need to be by myself for a while. im just not happy anymore and i don't belong anywhere"

eleven moved closer to you until the gap between you was minimal. his hand went to your cheek, and you felt his thumb wipe away a fallen tear.

he was making it so much harder for you.

"we can sort it out. stay. for me" he whispered, as he pressed his forehead against yours.

the pair of you stood like that for a few seconds before you pulled away, and took your hand out of his.

"goodbye, doctor"