early mornings

( ive written too much angst recently, so i thought i'd write something more upbeat - it's only a small drabble but oh well )

- - - - - - - -

it was a saturday. and you had no work over the weekend so you could sleep as long as you wanted.

you laid in bed, fast asleep dreaming about something weird but nonetheless happy.

sunlight began to show through your curtains, and began to light up your room a little bit.

however, a familiar warping sound filled your little apartment, and it woke you up from your sleep. knowing exactly who it was, you pulled the covers over your head with a groan.

you peeked at the clock, and it read '5:45am'. you sighed, half asleep, before closing your eyes again and drifting back into your sleep.

unfortunately for you, the door of your room swung open and it woke you up again.

"y/n! ooh - ive found this perfect planet that i think you'll like. it's got singing-"

"doctor" you croaked from under your covers, "it's 5 in the morning. go away"

the doctor looked at his watch which didn't match up to your clock, but then he remembered the time on his watch was still set for a different time zone.

"ah" he let out, and you responded with a little 'hmm', "ill be back"

"okay" you responded quietly and your heard him run off. afterwards you heard the tardis disappear, and you closed your eyes going back to your sleep.

however, a good half hour passed and you still couldn't get back to sleep. you were too awake.

"god damnit" you cursed as you sat up in your bed, and stretched before you got up.

you quickly got dressed, and brushed your teeth before you looked outside your bathroom window and saw the tardis sitting outside your block of flats.

following, you made your way out of your flat, and outside the block. you entered the tardis and the doctor stood at the console doing some stuff.

"i hate you" you said, and the doctor looked at you with a small smile.

"no you don't" he said cheekily as you walked over to him, "you're going to love this planet...."