swearing

many times whilst travelling with the doctor you had gone to swear but he would stop you. however there were a couple times where you actually swore.

- - - -

the first story was when the two of you were in london, helping the government with some sort of alien invasion that was going on. and even though you had no clue what was going on throughout the whole thing, you tried your best to help.

however, whilst working there, something surprised you - and not a good surprise. a bad surprise.

as you and the doctor entered a part of a building you were supposed to go, one of the people inside the room caught you off guard.

"shit" you absentmindedly cursed quietly, but loud enough as the doctor heard, "why is he here?!"

the doctor's head snapped to you, and he had a questionable look on his face that was hard for you to describe, but you knew what he was thinking anyway.

"oh! sorry" you quickly replied, after noticing the doctor looking at you. you looked back at him with an awkward grin before explaining to him that the man who cheated on you was stood on the other side of the room.

he understood but still was a little caught off by your cursing.

- - - -

the second time you remembered clearly was when you and the doctor were on a dalek ship.

once again, they had tried to get the doctor and kill him but, once again, their plan failed.

the doctor and you stood in front of a row of daleks. you weren't entirely sure what they were talking about to the doctor because it was about something that happened a long, long while ago.

however, something got you. one of the daleks said something along the lines that one day they will get the doctor and kill him.

"what a load of bullshit. how many times have you guys tried to get him but it's failed? get your head out of your arses and realise what's actually going on" you snapped, not being able to stop yourself.

once you realised what you said, you quickly covered your mouth with your hand.

everyone in the room was quiet. the daleks looked at you, confused by your words and the doctor was looking at you with a raised eyebrow and a look that means he was basically telling you off.

"im sorry" you whispered, pulling a face, but you weren't actually sorry.

once the doctor and you had got back in the tardis safely, you just remembered him telling you off. but it wasn't a serious telling off, he could never actually do that.

- - - -

a

nd the last time you swore, you remembered it so clearly.

the was a woman that had been causing so many deaths and troubles. and she was standing in front of the doctor, amy, rory and you, with her gun.

it was aimed at the doctor, and his hands were in the air as a sign of peace. but there was something about her. you knew she wasn't going to listen nor back down.

a few seconds passed, and as you saw she went to pull the trigger you quickly pushed the doctor away and stood where he was standing before.

he fell to the floor as the bullet hit your side. the woman quickly ran off, not wanting to be in a fight, but rory ran after her.

"fuck" you whispered as your hands went to the bullet.

blood appeared through your shirt, and got all over your fingers.

"y/n!" the doctor yelled as he scrambled up. by the time he was up, you had fallen on your knees, clutching your side with one hand and the other on the floor, helping you stay up. amy ran over to you from the other side room.

"why would you do that?!" the doctor shouted at you as he sat opposite you, holding you.

you looked up at him with tears of pain in your eyes, before you fell forward, into him. he held you whilst amy put pressure on to your wound with her jacket. she couldn't help but cry too, she didn't want to lose her best friend.

"oh y/n" he whispered both angrily and sadly, tears threatening to fall, "we need to get y/n to the tardis, now"

you groaned as the doctor began helping you stand up. it was too risky to carry you because of your injury, but standing up hurt so much more than you though it would.

the doctor handed amy the keys to the tardis and she ran off ahead of you, luckily for you it was in the same room so you wouldn't have to walk very far.

the doctor put your arm around his neck, and he put his arm around you, moving slowly with you, basically pulling you across the room.

"doctor, i can't-" you whispered, letting out a hiss afterwards. you felt yourself become weaker from the blood loss, but the doctor whispered words of encouragement to try and help you but in reality, they weren't.

rory came running back, but as soon as he noticed your condition he ran to you to help the doctor he put his arm around you and helped carry you with the doctor. as soon as you made it into the tardis, you slumped against the door once it was shut. the doctor ran off quickly to fly the machine away, whilst amy and rory helped you.

rory tried his best, but found himself panicking. "doctor, y/n needs a hospital. i can't do anything!"

"i don't want to go to hospital" you murmured sleepily, your eyes barely keeping open. the pain in your side was becoming unbearable, and you felt your body failing.

"you need to, y/n" amy said to you softly, but you noticed the tears on her face.

the doctor ran over to you after setting the tardis on its course to the nearest hospital. the last thing you remembered before waking up in a hospital, was the doctors face. even though he was clearly panicking, and there were tears, there was still a small smile on his face. the one that reminded you of the first time you met. it was comforting.

although, once you were better, the doctor still told you off for swearing, and despite your protests saying that you had just been shot, he still didn't care. and you remembered him telling you off for taking a bullet for him.