surprise

summary: its your birthday

....

you were sleeping peacefully, as it had only just rolled around half six in the morning. but the day was not like any others. it was your birthday! meaning the day was all about you

"y/n!!" The doctor yelled as he ran into your bedroom.

your eyes snapped open, but you groaned in response. you pulled your covers over your head, and shut your eyes, hoping to fall back asleep.

you instantly woke and sprang up. Your heart pounded loudly, as you realised the Doctor had woken you up...again.

"get up!" he said, and ran to your bed, pulling the covers off of you. in response, you groaned swatting his hands away.

"no" you said, and went to grab your covers back but he held them tightly in his grip.

"its your birthday!" He cheered and jumped on your bed, bouncing around. you were laying in your bed going up and down, you weren't very amused.

"so..?" you replied as you finally sat up.

"you should be doing birthday things!" he said and lifted his arms up.

he soon jumped off the bed and placed a blindfold over your eyes, dragging you up off of the bed.

"doctor. what the actual fuc-" He shut you up by placing a finger on your lips.

He grabbed your hand and pulled you into ,what you believed was, your living room.

he untied the blindfold, and the sight you met nearly made you cry. A huge banner across the room read 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N!', there were decorations all over the place and even a birthday tree - yes a birthday tree, 'they aren't just for Christmas' The Doctor had once said.

your favourite music was playing lightly in the back.

the tv played a montage of your friends, family, aliens ( who like you), famous historical people you had met and even people you had lost in your life saying 'Happy Birthday'.

tears sprung to your eyes and the doctor smiled looking at you, "hey, hey. why are you crying? is it too much?"

you turned around and before he could say anything, you flung your arms around him, holding him tightly.

"Thank you" you murmured as you pulled back looking at what the doctor had done.

you were so lucky.

"If you think that was it, you're wrong!" He cheered and ran off again. You followed him back into your bedroom, and into the TARDIS. He began to flick buttons and soon the doors were closed and the TARDIS set off.

"Doctor, where are we going?" You asked. "I'm not even dressed properly" You glanced at your attire. You only had on a oversized top and shorts. He shrugged it off and the TARDIS began to throw you two around. You grabbed onto the railing with a smirk on your face.

Now this was going to be the best birthday ever.