the dark

based on the episode: the god complex

The hotel corridors seemed to drag on and on and each one looked the same as you ran around desperately trying to find your friends.

It was your fault that you were lost, you may have wondered off incoherently - you had the tendency to do that and the Doctor knew that but he specifically told you not to wonder of, so you knew he wasn't going to be happy if you ever found him.

A string of curse words left your mouth as you turned another corner just to find yourself in another, same looking corridor. You were beginning to grow bored and scared of this everlasting hotel.

Bored because it felt as if you were running around in circles but scared because you had no clue what was going on and you were alone - you just wanted to find the Doctor but you believed it might be years until you find him or anyone again.

As you walked past a room, you heard faint 50s/60s music playing quietly from it and you stopped walking. "What the..." you whispered as you put your ear to the door and the music became louder. You soon recognised the song, which was 'Wouldn't it Be Nice', you had once seen it on a TV show but you never thought much of it.

You moved your ear away from the door and you went to grab the door handle but then you remembered what the Doctor had said which was not to open any of the doors - especially the ones that you feel are calling you.

But, you couldn't stop yourself as you hand pushed open the door.

To your surprise the room was just like a normal 80s style hotel room, two twin beds, a wardrobe, etc. Raising your eyebrow, you entered the room and saw a record player blasting out the music but there was nothing odd about it - so why did you feel drawn to this room?

As you went to walk out the door, it suddenly slammed shut and you were thrown into darkness however the song was still playing on repeat. And that's when panic started to rise.

You made your way to the door, already being quite close to it it wasn't very hard, and you grabbed the handle, trying to pull it open but it wouldn't. It was locked. You put all your force against the door, and you did everything you could.

You banged against it, yelled, screamed and soon tears were starting to pool in your eyes as you began to grow more and more terrified. As you went to grab the handle, the metal object broke in your hands causing you to let out a frustrated yell.

"Doctor!" you screamed, leaning against the door, in hope that he could somehow hear you but your voice was being drowned out by the music that seemed to repeat itself over and over again, "someone please!"

A sob escaped your mouth as you slid down the back of the door and onto the floor, where you sat, keeping your eyes shut and holding the broken handle in your hand before you threw it somewhere in the room in fear and anger.

You didn't realise that you darkest fear was in fact the dark - sure it spooked you out sometimes but you didn't think that it would be your greatest fear, obviously you were wrong.

A small line of light emitted through the bottom of the door but it did nothing to help you see in the room which just made you even more frustrated. Why didn't you listen to the Doctor?

You put your fingers underneath the bottom of the door, and tried to pull the door. This was your last resort seeing as you broke the handle. And to your surprise, the door opened and you quickly stood up, rushing out of the room and you slammed the door shut.

"Y/n? Y/n! No, no, no!" you heard the Doctors voice say from the end of the corridor.

The Doctor ran over to you as you stood against the wall which was opposite the room, with tear stains on your cheeks and your eyes red from crying. He ran to you and grabbed your face, turning it towards him as he searched your face.

"Oh, Y/n - you stupid girl" the Doctor whispered as he pulled you to his chest, and put his arms around you.

He pressed a kiss to you head as he stroked your hair comfortingly, his arms making you feel safe. You hugged him back tightly, closing your eyes as you did so but you soon opened them, not wanting to face darkness.

"I'm sorry" you whispered as a lonesome tear rolled down your cheek.

The Doctor pulled away, "Ssh, it's okay" he whispered and placed another kiss to your forehead, "you're okay, you're okay"

"I know you told us not to go in the rooms but I couldn't stop myself, something was calling me and-"

The Doctor cut off your rambling by shushing you, "hey, hey. Nothing is going to hurt you, okay? I promise I won't let anything near you"

A small smile reached your lips as you wiped your cheek, "I'm sorry, again" you said. He smiled back at you, sending you a wink.

"C'mon" He whispered as he gripped your smaller hand in his bigger one and pulled you to everyone else, who all looked worried for you but still smiled.

Throughout everything - even when the words 'praise him' rolled off your tongue multiple times - the Doctor held you close to him and kept his promise.