Part 6

She wrapped my leg and then the red head took me back to the car. Was Karen the boy's mate? It would only make sense that he had a mate. He is absolutely beautiful. He put me in the front seat this time and he took me back to his house. He carried me in and put me on a couch. I saw a clock and saw that it was thirty minutes till midnight.

"Michael, thank god you're home. I've been worried sick about you." An older woman said when she saw the red head, who I guess is Michael. Was that Karen? She looked too old to be Michael's mate. If she were that would be weird. (a/n: the picture at the top is Karen)

"I'm okay Mum. I love you too." Michael told Karen, I guess his mum. Karen hadn't told Michael that she loved him so why did Michael say "too"?

"And who is this?" Karen asked finally turning her attention towards me, the big wolf on the couch.

"Um, this is a wolf. He's been fine around people. I went to take him to Faith to make sure he was okay because he blacked out. He sprained a muscle in his back leg so she wrapped his leg and gave me pain medication for him. He might have been someone's pet but there weren't any tags or a collar. So could we keep him? I would take care of him and you know I've wanted a dog. Please?" Michael questioned with pleading eyes and I think you would have to be heartless to say no to that.

"You know that you have school, this is only the weekend. I don't want your grades to drop and you have to promise to actually do to your classes. You can't miss anymore school this year. You have nine weeks left. You know that I got a letter saying if you miss anymore school, the government is going to take me to trial to fight for custody for you. I can't loose you, Michael." Karen said and I just noticed how worn out Karen looked.

"I promise Mum. I'll go to school. I can get Ashton and Calum to help me in some classes. I love you Mum. You won't loose me. Nothing can split us up. I'll get my act together. I promise." Michael said.

I didn't understand how they loved each other so much. They seemed to love each other unconstitutionally. Is that what parents do, love their children no matter what? I looked up at them and realized that they had there own little pack. Someone to lean on, someone that would care for them, and love them no matter what.

"Go on to bed and take the pet with you. Remember, school Monday. I also have a long shift again, so I probably won't see you at all ‪tomorrow‬ or Sunday. I love you." Karen said and left the room.

Michael looked at me and I raised my head. He chuckled and then came over and swooped me into his arms and took me upstairs. Michael took me to what I assumed was his room and placed me on the bed. He took his shirt off and I almost passed out again. He rummaged through some drawers and pulled out sweats and boxers. After that he left the room and I heard a shower start.

I heard Michael start to sing songs and they sounded amazing. I had never really heard music before, but I was sure that whoever originally sang the songs, Michael was singing them at least ten times better. I drifted off to sleep and slept through the night. When I woke up the next morning, Michael was next to me shirtless and still very much asleep. I nuzzled him with my snout and he started to wake up.

I barked and he groaned. He sat up and just looked at me then a clock that read ‪11:47 a.m.‬ He rolled out of bed and left the room. I was finally able to at least stand on my leg but it still hurt. When I got downstairs to the kitchen where Michael was, he still looked mostly asleep, something started making noise and vibrating. I looked around for what it was and then Michael pulled something out of his pocket, slid his figure across, and started talking into it.

"Hey Ash, what's going on? This must be important because you know I normally sleep till one ‪in the afternoon on Saturday‬." Michael said light heartedly. He poked the screen and then set it down on the counter.

"It is important but I now have two questions. One, would you mind watching Harry tonight? And two, why are you awake?" A male voice sounded through the device on the counter.

"Sure thing, but why? And my dog woke me up." Michael said.

"Lauren has this recital but Harry doesn't want to go and I have to take her. Thanks mate. I'll drop Harry of at six." The boy on the other side of the thing.

Michael clicked the screen again and music filled the room. I hopped on the couch and watched him dance around the kitchen. The day was uneventful. A guy who looked Michael's age, maybe a bit older, dropped a smaller boy off at the house. Michael called the small boy Harry. Harry stayed until late that night. He eventually went back to the older lad so it was Michael and me.

Michael went upstairs and took a shower. While he was in the shower, I went to his room and took a nap on his bed. I don't know how long I was asleep but it was nice. Michael's bed smelt like him and I felt safe in the aroma. Everything was quiet until I was woken up by someone yelling.

"Who the hell are you?!" Michael yelled.