Part 19

"Is it okay if Luke goes to live with you and Harry?"

"What," Spencer looks a bit taken back, her voice escalating as she continued, "don't you love him? Do you not want him anymore? What, did you just get bored of him and now you want nothing to do with him, just send him off with people you don't know and forget about him?"

"What?! That's not it at all. I do love Luke and I can never forget about him. He trusts you and Harry so much, I'm putting him with people he trusts and that will take care of him because I can't . . ."

"Why can't you take care of him anymore?"

"My mum saw him last night, as a human. She wants to turn him in and catch everyone from the lab, but that means they'll take him away and experiment on him, I can't let that happen to him. I love him far too much to let that happen. God, I love him so much and it hurts to much to know that I put him in danger."

"And that bag?"

"It has some of Luke's favorite clothes. He likes my shirts that are too big for him. It's got some stuff to remind him that I haven't left him, that I'll never leave him."

Spencer could now see how much Michael truly loved Luke. He would be doing something that was so hard for him to keep Luke safe. She already knew that Luke loved Michael so much, it was obvious do to how him eyes absolutely lit up with fondness and love whenever he talked about him.

"Why do you love him?"

"What?"

"Why do you love Luke?"

"I love him because he's become my whole world. He's always kind and always sees the best in the world and in people. I love him because when I first saw him something in my heart jumped. When I see him, I smile. At the end of the day I'm so excited to see him. When he's cuddled up to my side when he's a sleep, I know everything will be okay in the end."

"How do you want to handle this?"

"I think I have to tell him about what's going on. But I'll see him every time that I can."

"Good luck. I'll tell Harry what's going on."

Spencer walked over and sent Luke over to him boyfriend. The first thing Luke did when he got over to his boyfriend was kiss him and hug him tightly. He just nuzzled him face into the crook of Michael's neck. He inhaled his boyfriend's sent, it was intoxicating and Luke could never get enough. Michael slowly wrapped his arms around Luke's waist and just held him close, knowing this would be the last time in a long time that they would be able to see each other.

"Luke," Michael said slowly unwrapping their bodies, "you're going to have to go with Spencer and Harry."

"And s-spend the night-t like Calum and Ashton d-do at your your h-house?"

"Kind of, but you're going to have to stay with them."

"F-For the w-weekend?"

"For a long time. It's for the best and I'll still see you . . ."

"B-B-But . . ." Luke now had tears in his eyes and was about to start bawling. "B-But I-I-I lo-love y-you."

"I know baby. I love you too. So so much. Nothing can make me stop loving you or make me love you any less. It hurts to know that I can't keep you safe right now, but it would hurt me even more to know that you're in danger. I love you so much, baby, nothing will ever change that. Nothing."

"B-But y-y-you don't l-love m-m-me e-enough t-to k-k-keep m-me." Luke cried out rubbing at his eyes to make the tears stop.

"You're right. I don't love you enough to keep you, I love you more than enough to keep you but I also love you enough to let you go and be safe. It hurts so fucking much to let you go but you'll be safe and I'll give Spencer and Harry my phone number so you call talk to me. I love you baby and I brought you some of my clothes that are your favorite. I love you. I love you. I love you." Michael said pulling Luke closer again.

"D-Do you p-promise to still l-love me"

"Of course. I'll love you to the moon and back. I'll always love you. As long as the stars in the night sky shine, I will love you, and as long as the sun rises. I'll always love you, my little wolf."