Part 11

When we were walking to the car, someone bumped into me. Michael stopped and so did the guy that bumped me.

"What the hell is your problem?" Michael asked, taking a step in front of me.

"I just don't particularly like gays." the guy said.

"You hated me before I even came out of the closet, Tyler. And I've been fine with you bumping into me, hell I'd be fine with you punching me, but you are no going to do that to my boyfriend." Michael said and the guy, Tyler, looked hurt.

"M-Michael," I squeaked out.

"Oh, is you're pathetic excuse of a 'boyfriend' scared? He should be. Let's be honest, this place isn't the most excepting. Remember when you did first come out? I'm surprised Calum and Ashton didn't drop your ass. You got beat up almost daily and didn't they even get beat up once or twice? Do you really want to stir that pot and get someone else hurt? And he seems innocent enough?" Tyler asked.

I saw something in Michael that I had never seen before. It scared me. Before I could say anything, Michael lounged at him. The next thing I knew, Tyler was on the ground, holding his jaw. I took a step away from Michael.

"You leave him out of this or I swear to god you will regret it. You are going to leave Calum, Ashton, their girlfriends, me, and my boyfriend alone or you are going to have a lot more than a hurt jaw. Got it?" Michael basically growled.

Tyler got up, nodded, and hurried off. Michael just watched for a second. It was starting to get late so Michael just took us home. I didn't say anything and neither did Michael. I was scared of him.

When we got to his house, we went in and he took a shower. I didn't exactly feel like talking to him, so while he was in the shower I changed into my wolf form and went downstairs. I laid on the couch. I heard the water in the shower turn off. He called out my name but I didn't make a noise. I could shuffling around but I couldn't tell what it was.

Soon Michael came down in nothing but sweats. I didn't look up at him. He sat next to me on the couch, but when he tried to pet me, I flinched away from his touch.  He looked at me hurt but didn't say anything. He pulled his hand away and we sat and watched whatever he put on. He ended up falling asleep soon after. I also fell asleep on the couch.

When I woke up I expected to be alone but Michael was still next to me. I forgot he didn't have to go to school for two days. I got off the couch and went up to Michael's room. I changed and put on a pair of boxers and sweats. I hesitantly laid down on Michael's bed. I still couldn't believe he punched someone. And why didn't he say my name. He just kept calling me 'his boyfriend'. Was that more than friends? What was a boyfriend to someone?

I fell asleep again and when I woke up Michael was coming up the stairs. I decided to stay because I needed to know the answer to my questions. I sat up when he got in the room. He stared at me for a little bit. Neither of us made any kind of move until he came and sat on the edge of the bed.

"What happened last night? Why didn't you want me near you?" The hurt in Michael's voice made my heart clench.

"I-I was s-scared. W-why did y-you p-punch that b-boy? What's a b-boyfriend and w-why did you c-call me y-your's?" I asked. He still wasn't very close to me.

"I punched him because he threatened you. He's never liked me. When I came out not many people accepted it. Only my mom, Calum, Ashton, and their girlfriends. And a boyfriend is like a best friend but you can hold hands and kiss. And they are the only ones who do that." Michael explained to me.

"Are-are we boyfriends?" I asked softly.

"If you want us to be. I'll be anything you want me to be." Michael said moving closer to us.

"W-what is 'coming out'?" I asked not completely used to all terms everyone one uses.

"It's when I said I officially like boys. Most people think it's wrong for two boys or two girls to be together. So some people were mean, some completely ignored me, but Tyler and guys like Tyler made threats or physically tried to hurt me. That's why I got so upset when he threatened you. I was scared he might actually hurt you and I couldn't live with myself if that happened." Michael told me, still slowly moving closer.

"W-will you b-be my b-boyfriend?" I asked shakily.

"Of course." Michael said and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

We fell asleep together that night. I was wrapped in his arms and surrounded by his warm embrace. When I'm around him, I can't help but feel safe and wanted. He punched someone in the face for me. Even though, I don't think it would be considered one of the most romantic things, it was to protect me. Michael was my safe place. I knew he would always protect me.