Part 8

About thirty minutes past three Michael came back home. I slowly walked out of his bedroom and saw him in the kitchen. He looked stressed. I walked up behind him and watched silently. It took him a while to notice me but when he did, he looked slightly more stressed.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked looking into his green eyes.

"Long day," was all he said.

"Y-you said w-we would t-talk when you g-got h-home." I said softly, at first I thought he didn't hear me. "You h-haven't talked to m-me since I talked a-about Amy."

"Not now, Luke." Michael said coldly.

"P-please. You s-said when y-you got back." I said with wide eyes.

"Luke! What do you not understand about 'not now'!?" He yelled at me and I tried to shrink back. I could feel tears start to spring to my eyes.

"W-what did I d-do wrong?" I whispered. "Why are y-you so m-mad?"

"I'm mad because they stole your entire life from you! They're the reason you're like this, but you aren't mad at this Amy girl!? She worked at the place that did this to you!" He yelled.

"S-she w-was n-n-nice." I said tears freely falling down my face. He hadn't looked at me directly so he didn't know I was crying. "I-I'll j-just g-go b-back u-up-upstairs." I whimpered out.

"Luke wait," Michael called out but I was already to the stairs. I heard him run after me. I kept going until I felt his arms wrap around my waist. When I felt his arms around me, I went limp and let him hold me. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled." Michael apologized as he carried me back to the couch

"D-do you not l-like me b-because I'm a h-hybrid? B-because I'm 'li-like this'?" I asked as tears still fell from my eyes.

"I didn't mean that. You're perfect. I just hate that you had to go through what you did. You didn't deserve that. You deserve so much more than you've gotten out of life." Michael whispered.

Soon my crying stopped, but Michael didn't let go. One of his hands was on my back rubbing small circles on my back, and his other hand was lightly messing with my hair. He accidentally touched my wolf ear and pulled his hand away. When I didn't react, he put his hand back in my hair and lightly messed with my right wolf ear.

We stayed like that for a long time. There was a comfortable silence around us. Neither  of us made a move to end it. The sun started to sink in the sky and I started to drift off to sleep. While I was about to fall asleep, I felt Michael start to move.

He picked me up bridal style and carried me up the stairs. He set me on his bed and left the room. I wanted to call for him to come back, but I was too tired. A few minutes later he returned. I could hear him writing but that was it.

I eventually completely fell asleep. I woke up to the same alarm I did the day before. I opened my eyes and sat up. The alarm continued to go off and Michael just laid still. I gently tapped his shoulder and he started to wake up.  He turned his alarm off and started to get ready for his day.

"M-Michael, w-where are you g-going?" I asked softly.

"School. I'll be back later tonight." He told me as he pulled a shirt over his red here.

"W-what is s-school? You w-went y-yesterday." I whined not wanting to be left alone all day again.

"I know. I have to go to school. It's where I learn. If I don't go I could be taken away from my mum and now you." Michael said sitting on the bed and putting shoes on. "When I get back we can cuddle again. Would you like that?"