Book 6⌇17. Respect

Chapter 17 ∣  Respect

-Keegan

The memories I held, of being able to share a woman with my brother, was something I still craved. Harlan had been a wonderful stand-in, enjoying with me, their delicious bodies, though I hadn't expected him to go after Adrasteia so quickly. She was slumped back against his chest, her breathing evening out while her eyes were sealed shut.

"You've changed your mind with her?" He asked, arching an eyebrow, "You can't seriously be thinking of keeping her for yourself. You've never done that."

I sighed, looking over her body. Seeing what Harlan had done to her and how easily it had been to take control of her body...she didn't deserve it. What she'd already endured from Landon, was enough and subjecting her to something like this, was unnecessary. I wanted to show her what it was like to have someone care for her, not to take her as we pleased. Not a second thought had passed through Harlan's mind, knowing that what he had done, was well within the parameters we had set a while back.

That ends today.

"Yes, I want her for myself," I let the feeling wash over me. The words of what that demon in court had spoken about, stayed with me. Vampires were once slaves in the Dominion Plane. No wonder they escaped and lived their lives on Earth and if that is what the rebellion really saw Adrasteia as, that she was my slave and not the wife that I wanted her to be, I needed to prove them wrong.

I wanted her as my equal. I wanted to put a stop to this whole notion of forcing the vampire race to return to Hell. Funny how they would see me dead in order to accomplish their goal.

"That's a surprise," Harlan chuckled, but nevertheless, picked Adrasteia up, lifting her into my arms. "Just be careful. If you truly make her your wife and queen, they might come full force, not wanting to see a vampire seated next to you on the throne. It's spitting in their faces and their ideas of upholding the old ways and traditions."

I was aware of that, but there was just something about her...I didn't want to let her go, nor see her harmed in any way. Though, when she wakes up, she's not going to see it that way.

Holding her back and my arm slipped under her knees, I could see the steady raising and lowering of her chest. The rhythmic breathing, the warmness she created in my arms, brought a spark to my chest.

"Everything will be fine," I nodded to Harlan, watching him acknowledge me in agreement before he headed for the door. Once he opened and closed the door silently behind him, I let out another sigh, walking over and locking it.

She'll be out for a while.

Moving her over to my bed, I pulled back the covers and sheets, slipping her body beneath their softness and covering her gently. As I looked down at her sleeping form, a thought struck me.

Could I ever give a part of my soul to you?

I've never done that with anyone. Knowing that in doing so with Adrasteia, she'd never be able to return her own to me. I really would be at a disadvantage. But, isn't that exactly what Landon thought of her? Am I better than him? Can I learn to trust and give myself to her?

Maybe.

Stripping my clothes away, I got into the bed next to her, running my fingers through her hair. She sighed softly, her body rolling into mine in her sleep. It wasn't long, before I too, fell fast asleep, feeling the curves of her body pressed into mine, that warmth she created only ignited further with each slight shift she made during her sleep.

"Landon..." it's was Adrasteia's sweet voice that woke me, though I wasn't too thrilled by the name she spoke. Opening my eyes, her back was flush against my chest, one of my arm wrapped around her bare waist. one of her hands had overlaid itself on top of mine, her fingers intertwined with my own. She was waking, slowly, the movement she made when her ass wiggled against my slowly hardening erection, made my muscles tense.