Sinful Temptation [One-Shot]

Sinful Temptation 

Nineteen, or was is twenty men that Eleta had killed in the past two months? She'd almost lost count, falling into the same routine of killing those she thought held evil intentions in this world. Murders, molesters, rapists, kidnappers, whoever had wronged and unjustifiably taken an innocent life away, snuffing it out as though it meant absolutely nothing. She was there, always there to right those wrongs.

Though, tonight she sat upon a bar stool in The Copper Kitten, her hand barely able to steady around the glass of gin resting on the mahogany bar top in front of her. Her breathing was very shallow, holding back the pain in her heart.

"...his body was found behind a local convenience store..."

Eleta's light blue eyes flickered up from the liquid retained by the glass, watching the evening news coverage of a man...no, not a man...the man she had killed not eight hours prior to her finding refuge within this bar.

"...sources indicate that this was a murder. The body found, was that of Russell Peterson, a respectable and upstanding member of the community..."

The sound of the woman on the screen drowns out into a muffled background while Eleta's mind began to race. She desperately attempted to justify her own actions, but every time she concluded, a new probability surfaced. Going in circles with her scenarios, her fingers gripped tighter around the glass, surely it would shatter if she held onto it much longer.

She didn't have to though, in fact, her grip slacked ever so slightly when a deep voice emanated from her right.

"You seem a bit tense love," the voice was silky, just like satin enveloping her smoothly. Her heart pounded hard against her rib cage, her eyes deviating from the glass. Eleta glanced to her right, her eyes landing on a very sexy and seductive grin plastered on the face of a dark-haired man. What intrigued her the most, his vivid and unique purple irises that seemed to be staring right into her very soul.

Unnerving as it was, she was captivated by his gaze, her voice coming out uneven as she replied carefully, "Tense is a bit of an understatement."

"Really now," he shifted on his stool, raising his hand and momentarily drifting his eyes to that of the bartender. Two shots were placed in front of the mysterious man, his attention returning to Eleta. "Do tell," he pushed one of the shots toward her, her eyes flickering uneasily before she relaxed her grip on her glass and completely relinquished it.

Sighing, she took the shot and returned, "I did something..." her voice trailed off while she tried to find the right words, "...something I'm not proud of."

He chuckled darkly, taking his own shot and pounding it back in a split second. When the glass hit the bar top, he turned to face her fully and noted, "Haven't we all love? I've done plenty to brand me, reserving a special place in Hell for when I leave this world."

Eleta's muscles tensed at his words, slowly raising the shot glass to her lips before parting them and letting the taste of alcohol slip over her tongue before sliding down her throat.

He's evil. He's like those other men. Eleta thought quietly to herself, wondering if she could help rid the world of another parasite that she might atone for her foolish mistake.

Eleta froze the moment his hand touched the top of her knee, letting the shot glass rest back on the bar top. She inhaled sharply, seeing his lustful expression out of the corner of her eye. Her first instinct was to reach for the concealed dagger sheathed inside the inner part of her boot, but she was holding back the moment she felt a sense of pleasure course through her body almost instantaneously. It was like a hazed fog, drifting gradually up her spine while images flashed across her mind, sinful temptations that called to her, begging her to fall deeper into this lust-filled desire.