Book 6⌇18. Electricity

Chapter 18 ∣  Electricity

-Adrasteia

He did that to me. In a moment in which I thought he'd just been trying to scare me; he really wasn't playing around. As I sat on the shower floor, the water hitting the top of my head while my face was pressed into my bent knees. I could still taste him, the saltiness lingering in my mouth and down my throat.

I'd never been treated that way before. I was nothing to him, but I had also brought him to the point of snapping. He never had done anything like that...and I was wrong to say the things I had. He could have beat me, forced himself on me, shared me with Harlan.

Yet, he didn't.

What he did, was humiliating...

I wrapped my arms tighter around my legs, breathing in as I choked on another sob. The tears had mixed with the water, washing away from my face and leaving it red and swollen.

He wanted me to respect him? After that...I don't respect him, I'm afraid of him.

If he wants respect, he needs to show me respect...the clothes I wear, are for his taste, not mine. The way he touches me whenever he likes, yes, I may enjoy it some of the time, but I don't like being used just because he wants to do whatever he likes.

Numbly standing to my feet, reaching my hand out to the wall, I stood to my full height. A wave of nausea hit me full force, desperately attempting not to throw up. The steam rising to the ceiling, was suffocating my lungs, drowning in anxiety of what he could do to me now.

There were no limits he held.

This really wasn't like the world I'd lived in. Maybe it really is time for me to stop acting like I'm still living on Earth, because I'm clearly not.

I turned the water off, stepping out of the shower and looking barely seeing my reflection on the mirror, which also was hazy. I'd gathered a fresh set of clothes, breathing in deeply as I towel dried my body and long hair. Slipping into the black thong and shorts, I sighed, the old clothes that he had torn from my body had been taken away. In its place, I'd had a deep violet bra now latched into place, the halter top sitting across my chest and exposing the flesh of my stomach.

I didn't feel like blows drying my hair, reaching for a tie and pulling it back away from my face. That lightning reflected off the silver collar, my eyes landing on it with hatred.

I'm weak.

But, I'm not helpless.

He got what he wanted, displaying his power and forcing himself down my throat...I didn't think he'd actually do that...

Hanging the towel over the railing, I gripped the handle of the door, opening the bathroom and letting the steam exit into the room.

You will join me for dinner.

My eyes landed on the bedroom door, what Keegan had told me, running through my mind. Silently opening and closing the door behind me, I pulled the door shut with a solid sound echoing in the hallway.

You've got to be kidding me.

Harlan was standing guard across the hallway, leaning against it with his arms folded across his chest. His dark hair had fallen over his left eye, the purple iris of his right one locking onto me the second the door had opened.

My eyes quickly glanced away from him, glaring down the hallway as I took a few steps away.

"Awe, it's going to be like that now?" His voice was filled with amusement, keeping his distance behind me.