Book 6⌇Epilogue: Eternity

Epilogue ∣  Eternity

-Adrasteia

I was happy.

Leaning on my side with my cheek resting against the back of my knuckles, I laid down on the cushioned lounge bench outside on the very expansive balcony. My eyes had adjusted to the lighting of this world over the past few months, enjoying the warmth that came from its sun. Keegan had planned a very luxurious wedding; indeed, everything was so gorgeous that every detail still ran through my mind.

It was a beautiful afternoon, sighing with content as I felt the soft thumps from the inside of my slowly growing belly.

My new title, Queen Adrasteia. I think it sounds quite nice, considering I never wanted any of this. Now, I wouldn't give up a second away from my husband and the life flickering inside of me made me happier than I ever thought possible.

It was rather interesting, discovering that when I attempted to retreat into the shadows when Harlan was making a joke, I couldn't fully take hold of its power. I'd collapsed onto the ground, my heart skipping every other beat, but I already knew I was pregnant at the time. The only thought any of us could come up with is that the energy needed to help develop this new life was putting a strain on my innate ability.

"Oh love!"

Guess who got herself a full time bodyguard?

I tilted my head to the side as Harlan came into view, one hand wrapped behind his back while a tray rested flat on the palm of his hand. On that tray, there was a very decorative goblet, the contents already making my mouth water at the very scent of the blood. Harlan's purple irises looked me over before he stated, "Your radiance is reflected by the sun! I couldn't imagine a more fitting woman to be Keegan's mate, his wife, and our queen."

"What do you want?" I asked, knowing he was just buttering me up for something, my hand absentmindedly brushing my belly as another thump responded back.

"Ouch, it hurts that you think I would just compliment you to get something," he placed his free hand from behind his back against his chest, feigning his pained look.

I arched an eyebrow and asked, "Well, aren't you?"

Harlan sighed and stated, "Well...come to think of it-"

"Ah-Ha!" I pointed my finger at him, "As much as I loved our exciting encounter-"

"Psh," Harlan cut me off from cutting him off, placing the tray down on the short coffee table that was about a foot away from me. "You are a rather interesting woman and I wanted to ask you something."

My brows furrowed, Harlan extending me his hand and gently sitting me up. He settled himself next to me, his elbows resting on his knees as he suddenly appeared deep in thought. "What's the matter? You don't seem like your normal...okay, even the way you act isn't 'normal', but you get what I mean."

He turned his eyes to me and smiled, "Yes, I understand what you mean, and I've been meaning to ask, how did you see that this was the life meant for you?"

"Why do you ask?" I couldn't quite understand what he was getting at. His hand reached for the glass goblet, handing it to me while I brought my lips to the rim. Taking a generous sip, I brought the goblet to rest on the top of my belly. I brushed my nails over the designs, waiting for Harlan to tell me exactly what was on his mind.

"I'm just wondering if I'll ever find that person meant for me," when the words left his mouth, I knew what he was thinking. He wanted to leave in order to find his soulmate. It made my heart happy but pained at the same time because I knew how much I would miss him, but Keegan would be devastated. That made me wonder if he'd already discussed this with him, or if I was the first to bounce this idea he had swirling in his mind.

"Harlan," I turned to him, placing the goblet back down on the tray, "I'm sure there is someone out there for you. It's up to you though...if you decide to leave to find that individual."

He breathed in, and I couldn't help, noticing his change in demeanor briefly before he stood to his feet. He glanced down at me and smiled, "Then I wouldn't be able to have fun with you anymore." He winked at me and I just laughed. He was trying to push everything away. I knew what he wanted to do, but he wouldn't go help himself, he'd rather stay here to serve Keegan and myself.

I heard the doors to the bedroom opening in the distance, Harlan drawing his eyes away from me to acknowledge, "Keegan, she's doing rather well. Surprised anyone could carry a child of yours, wonder what lovely offspring the two of you will make."

Keegan chuckled; his dark hair pushed back away from his gray eyes. He looked from Harlan and then to me, saying "We'll just have to wait and see." Harlan took his leave, Keegan motioning to the seat next to me and I nodded. "How are you really?" He asked me with sincerity, the warmth from the sun easing my muscles.

I smiled when he got his response, placing his hand on my belly. "He's growing perfectly and I'm feeling fine."

"How do you k-" Keegan's jaw went slack as his eyes flickered from mine to my belly, revealing the gender for the first time.

"Vampires have keener senses than you could possibly understand," I placed my palm on the back of his hand, "especially the mother carrying the growing being."

The genuineness in his eyes when he lit up, knowing that he would have an heir and it would be a son. With his free hand, he brushed the hair away from my face, pulling me close to his lips as he pressed his forehead against mine. "You're the most amazing woman...have you thought of any names?"

"Considering he'll more than likely take on the assassin's trait," I began, knowing that if any being was born with at least one parent being an assassin, they would surely inherit the ability. It was rare as the trait was dominant in the vampire race, I just wasn't sure how it worked for a sex demon.

Would he be a vampire?

Would he be an incubus?

It was thoughts like these that made me wonder how this little being would turn out, but I knew one thing for sure, its heartbeat was very strong.

Keegan breathed in deeply, our lips almost touching as he asked, "What would you name him then?"

I whispered, "Scáth...the Irish word meaning 'shadow'."

"Scáth," Keegan repeated the name, "a fitting name, regardless if he's an assassin or not."

Keegan's lips pressed against mine, my breath hitching in my throat as our fingers interlaced on my belly, feeling a much more powerful kick this time.

"I think he approves," Keegan chuckled, drawing his lips away from mine.

This happiness, I never thought was attainable. But here I was, living out that fairy tale ending that mortals strive for.

That happiness, it wasn't found on Earth, nor with a vampire.

It was perfect, right here in the arms of my incubus king.

A creature I never thought capable of love, only lust. But, in his eyes, I saw the love that would last for an eternity.

Our eternity.

Together.

Published on Amazon as an ebook and paperback.

To Seduce a Vampire by K. A. Young.

If you don't have a Kindle and can't purchase the book off Amazon, you are more than welcome to join my Patreon page and receive downloadable PDFs under the Pack Tracker Tier.

Please click on the link on my bio.

https://www.patreon.com/SerenityR0se