Book 6⌇23. Vengeance

Chapter 23 ∣  Vengeance

-Adrasteia

What type of fun is Harlan going on about? That voice, it's like when Natasha was threatening me. There was just something off about the way he narrowed his eyes on Landon, an extreme hate brewing from within and he'd never experienced a day with him.

How did he even find me?

And so quickly...

What made me slightly uneasy...is that Keegan must possess this demonic side to him as well, yet he never let it take full control in the driver's seat. In fact, he never let it shine through at all, just shifting physically.

I wonder what he's like? That other side of him...

Chains shattered, Harlan's powerful tail striking across the binds that locked my wrists up above my head. My hands fell in front of my stomach, my eyes catching those of the electric blue that had come to save me. Someone was fighting for me, and it was a feeling of acceptance that my own coven hadn't displayed.

My thigh still stung the traces of undiluted liquid silver mixed with my blood as it ran from the open wound. Half of the chain was still attached to the silver cuffs, but at least my arms weren't restrained above my head and more than likely, the only key lay with Landon.

"What the fuck are you?" Landon hissed, trying to stagger to his feet, his right hand rubbing the front of his neck.

Harlan's eyes sparked and he smirked wickedly at me before turning his full attention to the asshole who should have been mine and taken care of me. Now, all I wanted was to see him die...after everything he put me through and then was going to kill me again after telling me how I should live my life, or how poorly the choices were that I had made. I didn't care what he thought anymore. There was definitely a time and place when all I thought about was his approval...now, not so much.

He's going to pay for everything he's done to me.

I took a step forward behind Harlan, but I felt his tail wrap around my waist, halting me from moving any further.

"It's alright love, I think I can handle this annoyance," he chuckled to me while glancing over his shoulder.

"I want to kill him..." my voice was low, my irises shifting to their crimson red. Heat boiled under my skin, but I believe it was partially due to the fact Harlan was touching me. The contact of the skin of his tail against me did weird things that I was slowly learning was just a natural ability given off by these sex demons.

"Torture is so much more fun! How many times has he bent you over and fucked you?" My brows furrowed and I noticed Landon's senses clearing, his face no longer set in a daze.

"I-"

Harlan chuckled again, "Oh, I didn't mean literally...but how about we make that a reality for him? Let's see how he likes to be fucked with. All-powerful pureblood coven leader my ass..." his eyes had landed back on the ever-growing angry form of Landon, standing straight up and growling menacingly at the demon before him. "You're a weak leader...vampires...lesser demons who are nothing more than slaves," I scoffed, and Harlan released his tail from around my waist.

"Oh, not you love..." he retracted his full statement, "but he doesn't know how powerful you truly are, or how lucky he should have been to have you as his mate. Now, he'll have nothing...only death and sent to a circle in Hell reserved only for the soulless vampires."

That's comforting...

I could see what Harlan was doing...he was riling Landon up, making it so he wouldn't call for anyone else to help him. He'd be too prideful to even ask for help now, challenged the way he was by someone claiming that vampires were slaves.