12:Loving Dead

Loving Dead

Chapter 12

The room seemed to come to a complete stop. No not just the room the world. Time froze and I couldn’t believe what was happening. What do you do when the person you love could die right in front of your eyes? I didn’t know what to do.

My body took over and I had no idea what I was doing. All I know was that I had to save Blake. My dear Blake. I jumped in front of him. Everything was in slow motion; the bullet hit me right below the chest. I fell to the floor. I heard screams and my vision become blurry.

I hit the floor with a loud thump; I could barely make out anything happening. I saw Blake run to me holding my head up. I couldn’t see. I closed my eyes as darkness overcame me with the pain that filled it.

Blake’s Pov:

 I swear I was going to rip that skimpy boys head off later. But at the moment all I could think about was how that damn ass kid hit Artemis. He was lucky didn’t know what she had plan. I got down on my knees while everyone got down and surrounded her. Jordin just stood there wide eyed at what he did.

“What did you do?!” Diana cried. I was frozen and didn’t know how to help her. The only way I thought I could save her was to turn her. I didn’t know if it was the right thing. I didn’t think. I knew I didn’t have much time. I had to save her.  I tilted my head into the crease of her neck. Her pulse was faint while a boy with brown hair put towels on her wound. Trying to make the bleeding stop.

“What are you doing?” A girl with brown hair said right next to me.

“I need her to be alive.” And with those few words I bit into the crease of her neck. He blood filled my mouth.  I had to stop drinking. I lifted my head biting into my skin, my skin was bleeding. Shoving my bleeding arm in Artemis mouth. I forced the liquid down her throat.

After a while to where I thought she had enough I lifted up and sat back waiting for something to happen. The change was happening immediately. Her wound started to heal up as her skin became lighter and her hair became brighter. She still laid there but her chest heaved up and down.

“What did you do to her!?” I looked up at the kid who shot my fiancé.

“I saved her! You dumbass!” He leaped on me as I fell back. Using my legs I propelled him off me. I turned around to see him getting up.

“Guys cut it out! Look we don’t want Artemis to be a vampire. But we don’t want her dead.” Diana said shoving Jordin into the wall. I nodded my head while looking back at Artemis.

“We need to get her someplace quite. So she can rest. And that way the change will happen more quickly.” Everyone nodded their head. I picked up Artemis bridal style and followed, who I found out that her name was Cyrene to an empty room. The room had plain light pink walls with a sky blue bed. I laid her down, kissing her forehead before walking out of the room.

 Artemis’s Pov:

Pain, the only thing I really felt. I felt like everything in my body was ripping apart and being put back together. Is what being dead feels like? A dark swirling pit, full of agonizing torture. Was I going to hell? I felt my back arched as pain overcame me once again. I screamed in agony.

I didn’t know how much more of this I could take. It was all too much really. I didn’t know it hurt so much to die. I knew I was dead because nobody survives a bullet that hits every important organ in your body and causes internal bleeding. I mean why did Jordin hate Blake so much? I get that he’s a vampire and everything. But even I wouldn’t have tried to kill him! His words still ran through my head.

“I’m in love with you Artemis.”

It’s like those words haunted me or something. I was in love with Blake, not Jordin. Dang it’s like a bad love triangle off TV. The pain once again caused me to stop thinking and just scream again. I wondered what was happening to me. I didn’t feel the same like I used to. I felt different. Stronger, to be exact. I started to think about the entire thing I was going to miss when I’m dead. All the memories I had. I was going to miss.

If I could cry or even have a tear slip. I would be crying right now. Maybe this was how it was supposed to end. Maybe this was all what God wanted for me. God did have a reason for everything he did. I was finally able to open my eyes for what felt like hours. I looked around my surrounding and was shocked. A plain cozy room comforted me. 

I sat up hesitantly, not sure how I was supposed to take this in. It didn’t look like heaven. Maybe I was in the world in between. Souls that wait for a train or something to come take them somewhere but never come. I got up trying to find something. Not something, anything. I was dead, wasn’t I? I mean I had to be right?

I heard the clicking of a door and looked on the other side to the handle of the door slowly opening.  Blake stepped threw I could’ve sworn my heart exploded out of my chest. I jumped up and ran to Blake giving him a hug. Before I knew it I was crying all over Blake’s shoulder.

“I’m not dead?” He seemed too laughed at the question I gave him.

“No you’re not dead. Why would you ask that?”

“Because there was darkness and so much pain.” I said looking into his eyes. Every memory of me and him ran through my head.

“You didn’t die, now please don’t get upset about this; but I changed you.” He looked away little beads of sweat beating off his forehead. I wasn’t sure what to come of what he said. I was now a vampire. Should I be happy? Mad? Scared? What was I supposed to be feeling?

“Are you mad?” He asked. I shook my head no. Because truly I had no idea what I was feeling. But I knew one thing. I was curious.

“What all can I do?” Blake seemed a little shocked at the question and I didn’t blame him. I would be surprised to if I was in his shoes.

“Well uh, you can do lots of things. Just you got to experience them and you’ll find out over time, I guess.” He said. “Now let’s get going, everyone’s waiting for you.” Stricken, I followed him out the door and walked down the hallway I was so fond of. This hallway where I would put prisoners because of what they did. Where I was human and walk into the kitchen. This hallway was a part of my daily life. A part of my human life.

Opening the door for me I walked in to be surrounded by my family, except for Jordin who was tied to a chair. I’m going to have to ask about that later. I looked into each other their faces, Cyrene, Diana, Victor, Seth; my family. I smiled at them hoping they would accept me and not hate me because of what I now am.

“Thank heaven! You’re okay, we were worried about you.” Victor exclaimed coming over giving a big hug and kissing the top of my head, everyone came and hugged me while Blake stayed leaning against the wall.

“So how you feeling Hun?” Cyrene asked, giving me her sweet smile.

“Good, so does anyone want to explain why Jordin is tied up to a chair?” Seth laughed and began to speak.

“We didn’t want him to kill are brother in law!” Everyone laughed and nodded their heads. They accepted Blake? I was proud and happy and a bunch of other emotions.

“Thank you guys!” I said I motioned Blake over and wrapped his arms around my waist, giving me a kiss on the cheek. “So what are we going to do with Jordin?” I asked. The question still wondered in my head.

“Well we don’t know. We might kick him out if he can’t get used to Blake.” Diana said, giving Jordin a sneer while he dipped his head down. Everyone laughed; Victor and Seth walked over to him and escorted him out of the room.

“Well I say we need to start planning this wedding!” Cyrene yelled in joy and I couldn’t help but feel the same joy she felt, because I was going to be a bride, and my family was going to be with me all the way.