chapter 14: Challenged

Thank you for the 1K reads guys! It means so much to me that you all are enjoying my book!

When I arrived back at the compound I had to fight off a few groups of kids. The more of them that I defeat earlier the less I have to defeat later.

I walked over to the same spot as before and sat down. I opened my new book and began to read. I knew that I shouldn't read on this day because it tends to distract me, so I decided to close the book and focus on the ceremony. There was a ton of people in the compound anyone of them could turn and throw a dagger at me. I had to be alert.

So I sat on the bench waiting. I pretended to be reading waiting for someone to attack. But this was different. The day was halfway over and I had only been attacked a few times. Did people just give up on the sword? I was guessing that they hadn't they were just getting smarter.

Damian was sitting next to me.

"This is strange normally the ceremony is a big time of the year." He said. "No one seems interested this year."

"I see only two options they have learned their lessons, or they are planning something." I said. "But either way they would have to be smart to do either of those things, and we both know that intellect is not their greatest strength."

He gave me an amused look and continued sitting with me.

"You know you don't have to be by me anymore my break is over. You should go get rest." I responded with a concerned look on my face.

"But then who would keep you company? If you haven't noticed you don't have an over abundance of friends." He said with a cocky smirk.

"Why are you fixated on me?" I said.

his smirk fell "What do you mean?" He asked with a nervous expression.

"Out of everyone on the compound you seem to take the most interest in me. There is over a thousand people on this specific section of Ra's al Ghul's territory. And out of everyone of his followers and associates you single out me." I said pressing farther into the topic.

"No reason specifically, but it doesn't matter." He said with the same nervous expression.

"Please I'm curious." I said narrowing my eyes farther.

but then I heard it the sound of an arrow soaring through the air at high speeds. It whizzed through the air towards the back of my head. I quickly turned slightly and grabbed the arrow out of the air. It was centimeters away from the back of my neck. Damian shot me a worried expression.

I turned around and seen an archery unit standing behind me on top of the perimeter wall. There was a large multitude of them. And at that point I heard the others in the area stop fighting. I turned my head slightly to see what was going on. They all drew their swords and faced me. The archers spread out all the way around the training compound. Then I was surrounded in a specific formation by the swords men. And behind the swords men were people with throwing daggers. That is why I did not get attack as much. Everyone in this compound was planning to attack me at once. For once I was nervous.

What they lacked in brains and skill they made up for in numbers. large numbers.

"We have you surrounded! If you will willingly spar with our best warrior I will order the archers not to take a kill shot!" One of the archers yelled.

I closed my eyes. "Do your worst." I said raising my eyes at him.

"Hisani just do the spar!" I heard Troy shout from the other side of me.