One

"I'm so sorry Summer, we were both the problem. I'm not ok and we'll never be what you want, you expected so much of me, you told me how you wanted to be loved and if I couldn't provide that then you'd leave me. I don't want to be with you anymore Summer, I'm done being in a relationship that makes you look good when I suffer, I'm moving on you should too."

"Oh my god, she's gonna kill you" my sister stands up "you can't go to her face saying all of this and expect to walk away scot free"

"What do you think she'll do?"

"Probably start by ruining any chance you had at finishing high school under enemy radar"

"I don't have enemies"

"YOU'RE DATING THE ENEMY STUPID!" She yells "Mitch, Summer's going to make making your life a living hell, her number one priority, she haunts everyone and you never saw it because she had her claws in you. I'm not saying don't get out but just know everything's going to change once you break up with her" she has no idea.

"I need to get this over with" I stand up

"Wait right now?"

"Yes, I'm going over to her house and ending it I can't wait any longer"

"Bad! Bad idea Mitch! Do it public somewhere she can't attack and rip your face off"

"She's not going to hurt me Liv" I grab my jacket and car keys "tell mom and dad I'll be right back"

She jumps on me hugging me "it was nice knowing you big bro"

"Get off me" I shake her off "I'll be fine"

I walk out of my room and leave heading to Summer's.

Summer Adams is a user, a natural born spotlight hog and I thought she was the one for me. I spent a whole year being her boyfriend and besides being known as the guy dating the hottest, and scariest girl in school, I don't think anyone saw me as anything or anyone else. I fell for everything about her. I though who she was made her different, not that I condone her consistent bullying but I thought I was the one person she'd listen to when she was told it's time to stop, and for a brief time in our relationship I was.

I get to her house, walking up to the front door I take several deep breaths "get this over with" I whisper to myself and turn the knob to walk in.

I walk around the house until I hear her laughing in the other room, walking towards her I stand in the door way as she sits on the couch with Jax her best friend. I stand there watching as they laugh knowing how much the words I'm about to say are going to change everyone's mood. Knocking on the wall I get their attention "babe! You're here" Summer gets up jumping in my arms and wrapping her legs around my waist "I've missed you" she kisses me

"I saw you like 4 hours ago" I take her off me and she fixes herself

"I know but you're my sexy boyfriend, I want to be with you all the time"

Her hands run up my shirt, she loves running her hands over my stomach says she loves the feel of my tight torso underneath her fingers "Sum chill" I pull her hand out noticing Jax staring at us "I need to talk to you."

"What's up?" She takes my hand "oh but wait! I have amazing news!"

"What?"

"I know how much you've wanted this" she walks away and looks inside her purse "and after weeks of begging my dad I finally got him to get you these"

She hands me tickets to the basketball game I've been dying to go see "whoa these are amazing seats" I stare at the ticket

She hugs me "I know right! Only the best for my babe"

Do this now Mitch! Pulling her from me I grab her hand "Summer I..." I look in her eyes and completely bail "I love this thank you so much!" I hug her, looking down at Jax he smirks at me while my head is over her shoulder.

Taking my hand she pulls me to the couch "come on sit sit I'll go get you a drink"

Taking off my jacket I sit next to Jax and Summer leaves "why didn't you do it?" He asks

"Do what?" I turn to Jax who isn't even looking at me

"Break up with her, that's why you came here"

"No it isn't!"

"Isn't it though?"

"How would you know?"

"What stopped you?" He ignores my question

"You know her, I can't just break up with her" I whisper

"Better to get it over with"

"Yeah I guess- Wait! Aren't you going to tell her all of this?"

He smiles "no. I love Summer but even I can see she doesn't deserve you"

"What's that suppose to mean?" I turn to him but summer walks in

"Babe want to come to my room?" She gives me a face

I stand up walking to her "sure but what about..." I don't say his name

"Jax will be fine, right Jax?"

"Yeah I'm great" he looks up at me and grins. Summer grabs my hand and drags me to her room.

•—•

"How'd it go?" Liv runs up to me as I walk into the house

"It didn't" I throw my keys on the table and walk to the kitchen

"What?"

"I went over there ready to do it then she surprised me with tickets to a game, so I didn't do it"

"God you're such a punk"

"Do you want to do this?!"

"No! But obviously you're suffering, if you don't break up with her Mitch she's going to have her grip on you forever." I walk to my room not wanting to hear anymore from her.

How do you break up with a girl you know will never take it well? Summer isn't just mean she's crazy, and I was the only person besides Jax who knew how to manage her. How can I do that to her?