Twenty-eight

"What happened to Fuck the coma love should never wait?" It's Saturday morning and I'm at Summer's house after dropping Jax off

She goes in and out of her giant closet packing suitcase after suitcase "I'm nice Mitch but not that nice, everybody's  been telling you for the past week to tell Jax how you feel, and you haven't done that at all. I'm sorry but you're either gonna have to do it today or when we come back, or not at all either way I don't care we're going to Bora Bora"

"You're only taking him with you because you feel bad for being a shitty person"

"That could be true, but when he was in the coma I spent everyday telling him how sorry I was for letting you of all people get between us. When he woke up the first thing I did was apologize and promised I'd make it up to him. What'd you do Mitch? Run away?" she smiles then goes back to her packing "I don't mean to be a bitch I swear, but I know what I want, not sure you can say the same thing but then again I have way more balls than you to go after what I want"

"I'm not falling for that Summer don't try and guilt me into telling him"

"Fine" she folds clothes and shove them in her bag "Jax and I will see you in a week then, let's see if he still feels the same way about you after being away from you."

"We'll see about that" I rush turning to leave

Dropping everything Summer follows me out of her room "what are you gonna do Mitch go to Jax's house and kiss him? Then ask him not to go"

I continue to walk to my car "if I kiss Jax he'll do whatever I want, say goodbye to your little trip" we get outside and I push the button unlocking my car

"If you do that Mitch you're not doing it because you love him" she stands on her porch and says causing me to stop and turn to her "you're doing it to spite me!"

"I'm sorry isn't that what all of this was? Your reverse psychology to get me to tell him!"

"What do you want Mitch?" She walks to me asking in a softer voice

"I don't know" I struggle with that question

"I'm not gonna ask you how you feel about Jax because I don't care to find out and I'm already tired of this topic, Jax never stops talking about you, and you're running around like a lost dog. Figure your shit out, alright? Jax and I leave at 6 tonight if you want to tell him then we'll be here waiting for our cab"

"What am I suppose to do before that?"

"I don't know! Go home and live your boring life" she walks back to her door "this is all simpler than you think Mitch"

"thanks for nothing" she rolls her eyes and walk back into her house.

•—•

"You know that thing you do where you go out for hours and don't show up till like 2 am?" Liv walks in my room after I get home

"Get to your point"

"On his way to the airport Jax's stopped by to say bye but you weren't here so he told me to give you this" she throws a piece of paper on my bed and leaves.

Picking it up I read it

'I really wanted to see you before I left but that's alright. I'll call you when we get there I don't know what the time difference will be but hopefully it's not too bad. I miss you already Mitch' 

2:43 am- yep he's gone.