Forty

Jax pov

"I LOVE YOU BITCHES!" Summer and the rest of the girl and I stand in a circle about to do shots.

We all chug it "three" I whisper to myself after the mini-death that comes after taking a shot

"What?" Summer asks me "why do you keep counting to yourself?"

"Nothing I'm just keeping track of my drinking, don't want to be too wasted if Mitch wants to apologize"

"Ughhhh" she groans rolling her eyes "screw Mitch Jax! Don't let him ruin your party" she didn't hear what he said to me and I didn't tell her either. "Here have a drink and forget that asshole" she hands me a cup

"Don't worry about me" I take the cup from her "I'm fine" no I'm not! My boyfriend thinks I'm a drunk and everything he said was completely true, I know my limit and for some reason I always drink more than I can handle.

Staring at my phone screen I wait impatiently for Mitch to get here, I'm done fighting all I want to do is talk to him now. Summer and the other girls disappear and I find a pool chair outside so I sit on it and close my eyes, I'll just imagine I'm in my bedroom with Mitch because I seriously don't want to be here anymore.

"What the hell are you doing?! The party's inside! Your party's inside!" I hear Shana yell coming closer to me

"I just needed a minute" I sit up "I'll be inside in a sec"

"Okay... you ok?"

"Yeah I'm great"

"Alright then hurry up and get your ass in here!" She rushes away going back to the loud music.

Standing up I pick up my phone and scroll through my contacts until I see Mitch's name "guess I'll be the bigger person and apologize first" I say bringing the phone up to my ear. The phone doesn't even ring, it goes straight to voice mail "dammit Mitch!" I whisper hanging up.

If he was coming he would've been here by now, so why am I trying to be on my best behavior for someone who isn't even here?

Quitting on Mitch I rush back inside to find my friends, I see them talking and laugh in a group so I walk up to them "I need some shots and a table to dance on!"

"Yessss!!!! Now you're talking!" I'm handed multiple drinks "welcome back!" Summer yells and takes shots with me.

"Why aren't we dancing?!" I ask

"Good question!" They all start to make their way to the dance floor

"I'm gonna go grab a beer and I'll meet you guys there" I pull away walking to the kitchen. Scanning the counter covered in bottles I walk around to the fridge opening it.

Grabbing a bottle I start to look around in the kitchen for an opener but I find nothing "nice going Shana" I slam drawers getting ticked off.

"Go find him a room!" I hear Mitch and quickly turn around. With my jaw dropped I watch Mitch and Cam's friends drag Cam into the house through the kitchen door

"What the fuck? What happened to Cam?" I rush to Mitch as Cam's friends pull him away

"Got a little excited and drank too much"

"Summer's gonna be pissed." Looking down at my hand Mitch sees the bottle and looks at me disappointed "no Mitch it's not-" he walks away as I try to explain. Ditching the bottle I chase after him outside "Mitch I only had three drinks" I should probably tell the truth "and a few shots but that's it, and see I'm fine I'm not in a corner."